• April 19, 2024, 02:14:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Disconnect when transferring large files  (Read 6142 times)

kegobeer

Disconnect when transferring large files
« on: November 11, 2007, 12:26:49 PM »

I've got a Dell e1705 with the DWA-643.  My router is the DIR-655.  Both are running the latest drivers/firmware.  When transferring large files to my NAS or other PCs on my local network, the wireless connection always drops, and I have to repair the connection or disable/enable the connection.

I'm running WPA2/PSK with AES.

I have two other computers with D-Link products: a laptop with the DWA-652 and a desktop with the DWA-552, and they can transfer to each other or the NAS without any problems.

My Dell has a built in Intel 3945ABG, and if I enable that connection, I can transfer files without any problems.

Since I was due a Windows XP Pro reinstall, I went ahead and did one today, but the problem remained.

Here's the card specs: DWA-643, H/W A1, F/W 1.00, using the 1.20 drivers.

I'm thinking it's a hardware problem.  After hours of Googling, and reading other posts about wireless drops during large file transfers, that's the only common thread - the network device is failing.

Anyone else have this problem?

mikehoffm

Re: Disconnect when transferring large files
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 03:10:37 PM »

I have the exact same problem -- also have a Dell Inspirion E1705

j_jon90@hotmail.com

Re: Disconnect when transferring large files
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 10:33:29 AM »

I too have the same problem along with intermittent disconnects. I have not been able to find any solutions to this problem in this forum.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 10:39:26 AM by j_jon90@hotmail.com »