• April 23, 2024, 07:38:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion detection misses so much, and no it is not a sensitivity issue  (Read 3580 times)

Notworried

• Level 2 Member

My camera is looking at about 15 ft of walkway leading to the front door. It gets triggered when someone enters the field of view but no other frame is captured over 15 ft of walking. I often end up with a frame with someone's foot barely in the frame then nothing else. What is there to adjust?

Notworried

• Level 2 Member
Re: Motion detection misses so much, and no it is not a sensitivity issue
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 06:52:48 AM »

This is got to be the sleepiest forum.  I wonder if anybody here is actually a D-Link user.

Notworried

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 05:34:56 PM »

There is no requirement that a question be answered but you'd think after 177 views somebody  would have something to say about their experience with motion detection. It is undoubtedly the number one factor in successful monitoring.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 07:45:27 PM »

There is no requirement that a question be answered but you'd think after 177 views somebody  would have something to say about their experience with motion detection. It is undoubtedly the number one factor in successful monitoring.

See page 31.  Increase your sensitivity.  20fps isn't much anyways at max resolution.

http://d2okd4tdjucp2n.cloudfront.net/DCS-931L_A1_Manual_v1.00(WW).pdf

Notworried

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 09:18:08 PM »

If it was sensitivity why does it pick up motion right away but then fails to track? Even 5 fps would be enough. The subject is a good 5 seconds in the field of view. I also have EvoCam monitoring the same camera and it captures way more frames. It has to be the software running in the camera. It can be fixed with a few keystrokes if someone gets to it.