• April 16, 2024, 12:28:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 493775 times)

sip06pp

• Level 2 Member
Re: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #210 on: April 10, 2013, 10:08:17 AM »

Not a very constructive comment, the 932L is a model that is available for sale now. I personally bought mine 3 months ago, not 2 years ago. I think we all have a right to expect software to be kept up to date and issues/bugs addressed. If you don't have a 932L, why are you reading a wish list topic for it?

I completely agree. Please do not make comments if you do not own one. It is not helpful.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #211 on: April 10, 2013, 10:19:04 AM »

I completely agree. Please do not make comments if you do not own one. It is not helpful.

There is a great deal of crossover in the functionality and firmware (i.e. web UI) between Cloud camera models. Understanding the differences (pros/cons) between different models makes for constructive discussion. Cross-product similarities often place Cloud camera owners (regardless of model) in a position to offer support and advice on other models they may not personally own.

Although there are periodic updates to the legacy Cloud camera model firmware, and as RYAT3 aptly points out, the newer Cloud camera models do in fact correct a number of deficiencies inherent in earlier models as well as offer a plethora of new functionality.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:20:36 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #212 on: April 10, 2013, 01:11:21 PM »

D-Link posted the change log for firmware version 1.06b04:
DCS-932L - Cumulative Firmware Release Notes

the86d

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #213 on: April 10, 2013, 02:18:09 PM »

I bought these just a few months ago, and it's not only this DCS-932l that doesn't do https, but the DCS-930L doesn't either.  I bought the DCS-930l (I actually thought I was getting 2x DCS-932L's as I grabbed that and the one behind it) at the same time, and these two were all they had...

Https has been around for how long?  We have been required to send plain-text passwords until recently?

https should have been the default years ago.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 02:20:15 PM by the86d »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #214 on: April 11, 2013, 05:08:48 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Ability to upload to web/cloud storage (e.g. Amazon S3, Windows Azure, SkyDrive)
  • General - Add ability to enable/disable HTTPS port
  • General - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • General - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Add sound detection functionality with controls and scheduling similar to motion detection (see comprehensive description here)
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Display firmware version build number in web interface
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - Independent brightness settings for Day Mode and Night Mode
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Option to include thumbnail sized logo on corner of all screenshots
  • General - Reboot on a schedule
  • General - Retain "NTP Server Used" in memory
  • General - Camera start/shut-down on a schedule
  • General - SMB Support
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - Include more items on the status page (e.g. FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc.)
  • General - Timezone changes should be immediately affectieve without a camera reboot (changes currently require a reboot)
  • General - Track and display total uptime and total running time
  • General - User password length too short
  • Email/FTP - Ability to configure JPEG parameters for image quality
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - More detailed grid (i.e. smaller boxes) to improve motion detection area selection
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Option to temporarily disable motion detection during the transition between day/night mode
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for WPA2 Enterprise (Radius)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • [color]Security - When logged in, the Admin user account and mobile device account users do not display under "STATUS > Active User  > USER LIST" table[/color]
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• General - Daylight savings time support [FIXED!]
  • General - Timezone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)  [FIXED!]
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking [FIXED!]
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message) [FIXED!]
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner [FIXED!]

the86d

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #215 on: April 15, 2013, 06:05:20 AM »

D-Link posted the change log for firmware version 1.06b04:
DCS-932L - Cumulative Firmware Release Notes

Correction to the linked page: 1.06b04 is "2012-12-21"
not: "Firmware: 1.06b04 - Date: 04/09/2013"

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #216 on: April 15, 2013, 06:23:15 AM »

Correction to the linked page: 1.06b04 is "2012-12-21"
not: "Firmware: 1.06b04 - Date: 04/09/2013"

Thanks. . . corrected.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #217 on: April 15, 2013, 06:23:59 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Ability to upload to web/cloud storage (e.g. Amazon S3, Windows Azure, SkyDrive)
  • General - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • General - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Add sound detection functionality with controls and scheduling similar to motion detection (see comprehensive description here)
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - SMB Support
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - Include more items on the status page (e.g. FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc.)
  • General - Timezone changes should be immediately affectieve without a camera reboot (changes currently require a reboot)
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - More detailed grid (i.e. smaller boxes) to improve motion detection area selection
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Option to temporarily disable motion detection during the transition between day/night mode
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • [color]Security - When logged in, the Admin user account and mobile device account users do not display under "STATUS > Active User  > USER LIST" table[/color]
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

• General - Timezone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)  [FIXED!]
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message) [FIXED!]
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner [FIXED!]

the86d

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2013, 08:05:52 AM »

I can only watch live video on my phone, with no sound, not on my work PC due to the Java issue, so I don't think I will ever buy or recommend D-Link cameras again with this type of lag on actualy issues getting resolved on cameras purchased recently.

Foscam it is.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2013, 06:08:12 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - SMB Support
  • General - Timezone changes should be immediately effective without a camera reboot (changes currently require a reboot)
  • Security - When logged in, the Admin user account and mobile device account users do not display under "STATUS > Active User  > USER LIST" table

jhm

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #220 on: June 03, 2013, 12:11:41 PM »

24h time-format would be nice. Thx.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #221 on: June 04, 2013, 05:53:57 AM »

24h time-format would be nice. Thx.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #222 on: June 04, 2013, 05:54:45 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - SMB Support
  • General - Support for 24 hour time format
  • General - Timezone changes should be immediately effective without a camera reboot (changes currently require a reboot)
  • Security - When logged in, the Admin user account and mobile device account users do not display under "STATUS > Active User  > USER LIST" table

• General - Timezone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)  [FIXED!]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 10:08:01 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #223 on: August 15, 2013, 04:50:42 AM »

D-Link released v1.1.3 of Justconnect+ for the iPhone and iPad.
The product description and download link are located here: Justconnect+ Mobile App

Please post your comments and observations for v1.1.3 here: Justconnect+ v1.1.3 - Comments & Observations

"Justconnect+ is an easy, intuitive and powerful application allowing you to keep an eye on your home, office or facilities anytime and anywhere. You can monitor camera live view, control PTZ cameras, create snapshoot, send email with snapshot and trigger digital output with clicks."

:)  :)  :)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #224 on: August 28, 2013, 10:30:51 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - SMB Support
  • General - Support for 24 hour time format
  • Security - When logged in, the Admin user account and mobile device account users do not display under "STATUS > Active User  > USER LIST" table

• General - Timezone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)  [FIXED!]
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20