• April 24, 2024, 09:09:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWA-160: Where is latest/best driver for HW:A1 version?  (Read 17628 times)

edrobot

• Level 1 Member
DWA-160: Where is latest/best driver for HW:A1 version?
« on: August 26, 2009, 12:45:46 PM »

Having problems with my D-Link H/W Ver A1 - ver1.10 DWA-160 USB adapter.
I installed the drivers that came with the CD and they didn't work properly and then I downloaded the drivers from D-Links website and they didn't work properly either.

Some info: I also have the DIR-655 wireless router. I am trying to get the DWA-160 to work with my DIR-655.

The problem: I installed and configured the DIR-655 properly to work with my DWA-160 but when It came down to connecting to my network, it had trouble. The DWA-160 See's the network but when I click to connect and enter the password (The password is correct) it connects then disconnects and repeat over and over.

Now I then went back to configure the network again and again until I had no more options. I am assuming its a driver issue. Any suggestions?[/color]

lizzi555

• Level 5 Member
Re: DWA-160: Where is latest/best driver for HW:A1 version?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 08:38:47 PM »

You may try this 1.50 version for EU:

ftp://ftp.dlink.de/dwa/dwa-160/driver_software/DWA-160_drv_Rev-A-B_v1.50S0043EU.zip

It is a combined version for Rev A and B.
If you run Vista or Win7 I would suggest to install the drivers only and use the windows zero configuration, not the D-Link utility.

edrobot

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 08:09:59 AM »

Wow. That's all I have to say bro. Those are the same exact drivers from the d-link web site. Ha ha man thank you anyways. Any other SOLID suggestions?

edrobot

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 08:12:06 AM »

What is the point of a forum if only one dude reply's? come on people help me out! Please...

platt63

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 11:35:02 AM »

You may try this 1.50 version for EU:

ftp://ftp.dlink.de/dwa/dwa-160/driver_software/DWA-160_drv_Rev-A-B_v1.50S0043EU.zip

It is a combined version for Rev A and B.
If you run Vista or Win7 I would suggest to install the drivers only and use the windows zero configuration, not the D-Link utility.

Hi Lizzi,

Thanks for these one, didn't know them.
Do you know the differences with the former ones?
Second question: why not use the D-Link config but Zero config?

gr. Philip
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:41:56 AM by platt63 »

lizzi555

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 01:29:26 PM »

Hi Lizzi,

Thanks for these one, didn't know them.
Do you know the differences with the former ones?
Second question: why not use the D-Link config but Zero config?

gr. Philip

This is only my experience with this Rev A model. I tried it with Vista 32bit and now with Win7 32bit.
The D-Link utility sometimes crashed and the connection was lost because of "deauthentication".

Using drivers only works very stable and fast with 2,4 GHz connection (up to 11 MB/s with DIR-655).
Only 5 GHz is slower. Not more than 7 MB/s with DIR-855.
But also stable connection.

Most changes are in the Utility. It is better now (but not good enough to my opinion)
The included Atheros driver is from 11/2008 - not new.

edrobot

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 02:36:59 PM »

How will this help me? I use windows XP 32 bit

lizzi555

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 08:31:47 PM »

How will this help me? I use windows XP 32 bit

Latest service pack 3 is installed ?
You may at least try to delete the link to the utility in the startup menu and switch to windows configuration in the properties of your wireless network connection.
If you disabled the wireless zero configuration service and there is no wireless tab in the properties menu, enable it again.
Don't forget to restart your machine.

However try either using utility with disabled windows service or windows service without wireless connection manager from D-Link. If both are running you'll receive problems as they do not work together properly.

Also use a recent firmware on your DIR-655. From version 1.11 to 1.21 is OK.
Be careful with the 1.3x versions as some users are experiencing severe problems.