Software > Shareport - macOS

DIR-825 rev.a shareport for mac

(1/2) > >>

seaweedsoup:
Hi,

I have few PCs and Macs under DIR-825 and I would like to use shareport for Mac.
I have downloaded shareport software ver 1.01 from dlink support website, but it doesn't
run on my Mac (Leopard 10.5.7). When I double clicked Cosetup icon, it seems running
but it disappears soon.
I'm not sure the shareport software ver 1.01 supports Leopard 10.5.7.

Can anyone has a way to install shareport utility on Leopard 10.5.7?

arod:
Yes it works on 10.5.. Have you tried going in the Shareport utility folder?

In any case there will be another Shareport version for Mac soon. I will post it in the Mac shareport board for beta testers.

seaweedsoup:
Thank you for quick answer.

I have tried beta version but no luck.
Maybe something is wrong with my mac.

Do you think it is because of recent leopard updates?

Also, I tried to run SharePortUtility_10_4 and SharePortUtility_10_2 under
SharePortUtility folder, they run fine but they failed during installation.

Is there anything I can try more?

seaweedsoup:
Just now I tried to run cosetup and I got error message:

21/05/09 11:09:58 PM /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Support/LaunchCFMApp[4781] launch failed with error code -2857 (cfragCFragRsrcErr) for application /Users/david/Downloads/macos_shareport_utility_110_beta/SharePortUtility/Cosetup.app/Contents/MacOS/SXLaunch
I got this message from Console.

According to CoreServiceRefUpdate.pdf doctment, cfragCFragRsrcErr means 'cfrg' resource could not be
loaded. I have no idea what I should do more.  :o

Thanks

C-57D:
Ah! the same problem I have been encountering!

My Intel based MacBook Pro 2.4 with OS 10.5.7 will not run Cosetup and after a manual install (using the packages) the utility fails immediately.

While the install runs on my PPC G4 system there also has connection problems. My real concern is the MacBook Pro.

D-Link Customer Support has been very responsive but unsuccessful in diagnosing the problem. We have uninstalled, reinstalled, downloaded again, installed again, all without success.

Are there any software interactions that cause problems?? I use Parallels to run Windows XP (needed for work) and Linux (for one utility). Might that cause a conflict??

When is the next release???

The last communication from Customer Support wants me to call a "live" support person. I will pursue that this evening after removing all the sofware, reinstalling the 1.11 firmware in the DIR-825, and then reinstalling the utility on the G4 and then try the MacBook Pro again.

As always any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version