• April 19, 2024, 07:03:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: dir-825 revision B sip problems  (Read 21136 times)

gorgtem

• Level 1 Member
dir-825 revision B sip problems
« on: February 22, 2010, 07:45:04 PM »

I purchased dir-825 a couple of days ago and ever since then cannot make my sip work. I'm using a dlink dvg2001s voip adapter and before dir-825 I had linksys wrt160n that worked flawlessly with the unit. I have downloaded the beta version of the firmware and managed to get the outgoing calls working but to this day have no incoming calls at all. I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with technical support both residential and business, forwarded ports, checked and unchecked every single setting that could possibly affect the issue to no avail. I tested out my sip server by loading the settings into xlite and it works just fine on the computer through the same router. I know xlite uses peer to peer in order to connect so maybe that's what makes the difference. The technical support cannot help me, they are a clueless bunch, just transferred me around from person to person. Tried working with a technical support from my sip company. I use myphone.ge and have been using it for 3 years now to connect to my folks back home in georgia using a local number. I need help soon or i will just have to return the unit and go with netgear or linksys again if i can't get that fixed.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 07:59:47 PM by gorgtem »

adekka

• Level 1 Member
Re: dir-825 revision B sip problems
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 08:51:35 AM »

Same problem here. The helpdesk is no use so far (besides a rude agent).

Found a link to a firmware version that should fix the problem. Should.. because the link is dead..

I'm waiting for an e-mail of the 2nd line. I will inform you in case things get better.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=8956.0 and
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=9160.0

snax

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 09:13:25 AM »

Same problem here. The helpdesk is no use so far (besides a rude agent).

Found a link to a firmware version that should fix the problem. Should.. because the link is dead..

I'm waiting for an e-mail of the 2nd line. I will inform you in case things get better.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=8956.0 and
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=9160.0
I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that beta update as well. I reported the post to moderators as dead link, you should do the same.

lizzi555

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 10:46:48 AM »

You mean the latest version 2.02b01NA Beta2 ?

ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/dir825_revB/Beta/Firmware/dir825_revB_fw_202b01NA_beta02.zip

At least this link works for me.

snax

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 10:52:48 AM »

You mean the latest version 2.02b01NA Beta2 ?

ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/dir825_revB/Beta/Firmware/dir825_revB_fw_202b01NA_beta02.zip

At least this link works for me.
ahh beta2, great thanks for the link!

snax

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 11:00:52 AM »

I'm getting this error when trying to install that firmware.

Upload Failed

The uploaded firmware file may not be correct. You may have uploaded a file that is not intended for this Gateway, or the uploaded file may be corrupted.

If the uploaded file is correct, it is possible that the gateway may be too busy to properly receive it right now. In this case, please try the upload again. It is also possible that you are logged in as a "user" instead of an "admin" - only administrators can upload new firmware.

The Gateway will not be reprogrammed.

DIR-825, Hardware Version: B1, Firmware Version: 2.02NA     

lizzi555

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 11:30:09 AM »

Try the following:

disconnect all (also the internet) but your LAN connection n port 1 of the router.
Reset te router to factory defaults by pressing the reset button on the back for at least 10 sec.
Try to flash the firmware again

Edit: Use Internet Explorer only !

snax

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 12:52:05 PM »

Thanks for the tip lizzi but I received the same error. I've been hacking at this SIP issue all morning now and I've gotten fairly close, the only thing I can't seem to do is call out, receiving calls I've managed to get working. I had optimistic hopes for this beta2 firmware but I'm starting to feel maybe another router would ease my pain. It's somewhat frustrating. :(

snax

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 08:58:00 AM »

Any other options would be appreciated, thanks!

bulldog89801

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 11:07:04 AM »

Just wondering here... I flashed my router with the beta program and received NO error notification however when I go back into the D-Link gateway it still shows that I am using the 2.02NA firmware.
I have done a 30/30/30 reset and reflashed the unit three times now. All with the same outcome. Am I missing a step here or does the information on the D-Link login page NOT change to indicate the beta program is being used?

Thanks,
Bill R.

sesca

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 11:42:16 AM »

Firmware version 2.03 has been released and it will fix the SIP trouble.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=12790.0

Be aware, this FW version is for Rev B DIR-825s only! Will not or does not load on any Rev As!

Please follow the FW Update Process.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 01:13:45 PM by FurryNutz »

paulm17781

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 07:41:04 AM »

What about EU version?

doctorcilantro

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 05:55:51 AM »

Why can't I flash my router to the newest firmware?

Why does the auto-update not report anything new past 202NA.

Time to refund this purchase?

snyder

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 04:22:04 PM »

The problem with SIP on the DIR-825 A & B is that the SIP ALG firewall does not take into account port 5060 used my many VoIP service providers. To fix this, check the logs for outbound ports that are being blocked by the SIP ALG firewall. Go to Advanced, Application rules and add a rule, ie Voip for UDP port 5060, trigger and firewall, this will stop the port 5060 outbound blocked messages in the log.

Next assign the Voip TA a DHCP IP reservation under Setup, Network Settings then add the now static DHCP IP address to Advanced, QOS rules and only give that IP address, ie 192.168.0.199 thru 192.168.0.199 a Priority of 1, "Any" Protocol, ports 0 thru 65535. I recommend changing the VoIP TA IP address to 192.168.0.100, leaving the DHCP leased / expires in the 170 to 190 range. ie, what IP you assign on the router the TA will pick up based on mac address. Leave the Remote IP Range 0.0.0.0 thru 255.255.255.255. You must place the VoIP TA in the DHCP reservation list because the QOS Rules will not follow a DHCP IP lease expiration if your TA is assigned a new IP address by the router.

Limited to a number of SIP applications this router recognizes automatically, ie Skype, AIM Talk, Calista, ICQ, Pal Talk - all PC based applications, D-Link engineers did not take into account firewall settings for physical TA's like Vonage, ITPVoIP, and others. Your VoIP TA and service provider may be slightly different, but you get the idea how to use Status, Logs and Advanced, Application rules to open blocked outbound ports and use QOS firewall settings to prioritize VoIP traffic. If you follow this setup you will also eliminate the "Blocked outgoing ICMP packet (ICMP type 3)" message in logs.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 12:41:21 AM by snyder »