• March 28, 2024, 02:59:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Camera constantly adjusting video in low light conditions -causes motion trigger  (Read 3049 times)

MikeOfAustin

• Level 1 Member

In low light, the camera is constantly (!) adjusting itself, changing tint, brightness, etc..   The problem with this, is that it causes motion triggers.  I'm finally all the way down to 5% motion detect sensitivity and it stops triggering, however, it also no longer detects someone walking into the room either.  

Everything default, except for drawing of 'motion detect areas' grid.  I've played with the various image setup settings to no-end.  

Is this what's to be expected from low light performance?   For clarity, when I mean, low light, I mean a room that is has it's overhead light turned out, but it is still bright enough to navigate easily throughout the room and see things.

FW: 1.11
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:57:35 AM by MikeOfAustin »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

In low light, the camera is constantly (!) adjusting itself, changing tint, brightness, etc..   The problem with this, is that it causes motion triggers.  I'm finally all the way down to 5% motion detect sensitivity and it stops triggering, however, it also no longer detects someone walking into the room either.  

Everything default, except for drawing of 'motion detect areas' grid.  I've played with the various image setup settings to no-end.  

Is this what's to be expected from low light performance?   For clarity, when I mean, low light, I mean a room that is has it's overhead light turned out, but it is still bright enough to navigate easily throughout the room and see things.

FW: 1.11

Have you tried adjusting the image settings, especially the slow shutter?

Slow Shutter
Select minimum shutter speed when environment is in dim light.

I have 1/3.75.. and I use night mode a lot.

Any reason you are not using PIR motion detection?  It works pretty well.