• April 23, 2024, 01:05:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-320 availability in US?  (Read 3568 times)

JustZisGuy

• Level 1 Member
DNS-320 availability in US?
« on: February 26, 2011, 10:47:15 AM »

I am wondering, if or when will the DNS-320 NAS will be available for purchase in the US? If it is already, then where?

After researching dozens of home NAS options the DNS-320 looks like the best fit for me.

All I really need is SMB/CIFS for Windows and AFP for Time Machine and sharing with older Macs. From my research the DSN-320 has this all built in with no hacking. I do strongly prefer how the DNS-32x software can be modified, but having that feature built in is a plus.

From what I have read, the DNS-321 is supposedly at the end of its support, so I would rather buy something more recent.

My only other option right now would be to build a custom low-power PC to do my file sharing, but I don't feel comfortable with the amount of power a full blown PC would use up running 24/7.

Duno why things are always so behind around here. Heck, the only other driveless NAS the local computer store sells requires an *IDE* drive, and they don't even sell IDE drives any more!