• March 28, 2024, 01:14:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Many Questions  (Read 9095 times)

SUPCUZ

• Level 1 Member
Many Questions
« on: June 11, 2014, 09:33:40 AM »

Does the plug support using a non-broadcast SSID?

Also, I'm trying to use this at one of my factories. if the plug is set up by my manager locally, can there be addit'l users using their own devices set up remotely? I want him to set it up and me to be able to use it without going there after he does so.

Doctor Doom

• Level 3 Member
Re: Many Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 12:39:41 PM »

Hi,

It doesn't look like it will work properly if the SSID broadcast is disabled. It allows for a manual selection (non-WPS) but no way to enter in the SSID manually.

ftp://ftp2.dlink.com/PRODUCTS/DSP-W215/REVA/DSP-W215_REVA_MANUAL_1.10_EN_US.PDF

SUPCUZ

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 01:42:10 AM »

Thanks. I've seen the manual but thought maybe they just put in the simple steps that are applicable to the average Joe rather than the mote tech savvy elite like myself. If it's true it's a pity given the product is from a networking company.

SUPCUZ

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 09:51:49 AM »

It would be helpful of the mod answered my Qs instead of just pumping the products. I also sent a pre sales email to DLINK with absolutely no response. What kind of an operation is this?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 09:55:01 AM »

I personally don't have any detail on this particular product outside of what's published on the D-Link website and FTP site. Since this is a new product, I recommend calling the D-Link toll free number.

D-Link Technical Support: 1-888-851-6464
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

PAFL

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 05:27:51 PM »

I have two DSP-W125 and do not broadcast the SSID.  If I remember I originally set it up with the SSID on then turned it off.  I have since moved then to another location with the same not broadcast SSID and it works.

SUPCUZ

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 11:19:46 PM »

Pafl thanks much. What's your opinion of the products reliability?

PAFL

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 11:23:29 AM »

I have had the unit for about one month.  I have had no problems works all the time.   The only thing that is strange is the temperature shown is always higher than I expect but this has not been a problem for me.

SUPCUZ

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 10:07:59 PM »

I have two DSP-W125 and do not broadcast the SSID.  If I remember I originally set it up with the SSID on then turned it off.  I have since moved then to another location with the same not broadcast SSID and it works.

So basically you did a work around. Their is no step and fields to actually enter a SSID and PW? I don't see it in the manual but I thought maybe they just put the basic steps in there. Baffling how a networking company selling a security device would insist that the router broadcast SSID for it to set up. Seems unprofessional and mickey mouse.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 07:01:15 AM »

So basically you did a work around. Their is no step and fields to actually enter a SSID and PW? I don't see it in the manual but I thought maybe they just put the basic steps in there. Baffling how a networking company selling a security device would insist that the router broadcast SSID for it to set up. Seems unprofessional and mickey mouse.

Just because you don't broadcast ssid doesn't mean you can't be found.

SUPCUZ

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 10:54:06 PM »

Sure braddah. But the question is does it permit install where I input the SSID. You Ang Moh talk to me like that?