• April 16, 2024, 10:06:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: VLAN Hybrid Port Configuration does not correctly use native Vlan  (Read 12053 times)

someone1569

• Level 1 Member

Hi there,

I have got a Dlink "DGS-1510" Smart Switch and a Wifi Accesspoint from Unifi.
The Unifi AP provides two Wifis and taggs them with Vlan 2 and 3. However, the AP itself can only be managed using untagged traffic.

Therefore I set up on my switch an hybrid port with the following configuration:

VLAN Mode   Hybrid
Native VLAN   2
Hybrid Untagged VLAN
Hybrid Tagged VLAN   2,3
Dynamic Tagged VLAN   
Ingress Checking   Disabled
Acceptable Frame Type   Admit-All 

Using this configuration, both wifis work fine their traffic enters the hybrid port already tagged with either 2 or 3 and finds its destination. Unfortunately, the AP which sends untagged frames only is not reachable through Vlan 2 at all. I tried already to set "Hybrid Untagged VLAN" to 2, but this clears the configuration for "Hybrid Tagged Vlan" . Well, obviously if I set the port to access mode and to vlan 2 I get immediatly contact with the AP, but the wifis do not work anymore as their tagged traffic is denied.
In my understanding, using the above configuration, all untagged traffic should be sent to Vlan 2 where tagged traffic if it is either 2 or 3 is allowed and processed accordingly. Somehow this does not seem to work...

Thank you for your help in advance !
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:45:40 AM by lw3234 »

someone1569

• Level 1 Member
Re: VLAN Hybrid Port Configuration does not correctly use native Vlan
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 09:20:18 AM »

For some reason, native VLAN cannot be part of the allowed tagged Vlan Ids.

So when using "Native VLAN 2" ,  "Hybrid Tagged VLAN 3, 4" and adding "Hybrid Untagged VLAN 2" everything works as it should.

In my opinion this is clearly a bug, as the offical example for an hybrid port states it as this: http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/support/faq/switches/layer-2-gigabit/dgs-series/es_dgs_1510_escenario_config_vlan_por_gui_y_cli
The configuration here is:

switchport hybrid native vlan 2
switchport hybrid allowed vlan tagged 1-3

Where vlan 2 obviously is part of the range 1-3 for the allowed tagged vlan. However, I was not able to enter it like that, the mask was autocorrected to 1,3.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 09:22:08 AM by lw3234 »