• April 24, 2024, 03:31:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firmware Recovery  (Read 4407 times)

HSishi

• Level 2 Member
Firmware Recovery
« on: April 04, 2011, 12:05:15 PM »

Hello.

After flashing the 1.10B6 firmware my DNS-323, Rev. B1, got bricked: Power LED flashes permanently, network LED flashes in some sort of sequences. It looks like I have to do some "surgery", as described here.
So I started to de-assemble my unit to get a better look of the job I have to do. I found out two things:
1. My "Conceptronic CH3SNAS" is not just equal to the DNS-323, it *is* a DNS-323 Rev. B1, regarding to the printed label near the HDD1 socket.
2. I found a coin sized battery cell at the bottom, type CR-2032. What does this battery do and, if drained, what happens then?

Besides the recovery procedure described above, is there a way to push the splitted firmware files with a windows tool? I don't have a linux installation which supports the mentioned "Kermit".
Earlier versions of Windows contained a "HyperTerminal". Would such a tool do the job too?

Thanks for your answers.

//HSishi

jamieburchell

• Level 6 Member
Re: Firmware Recovery
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »

Not sure, but you may have more luck with this over at: http://forum.dsmg600.info/viewforum.php?id=3

My guess with the battery is for the clock, and possibly config settings.
If your little 323 is not working right,
You've racked your brains and been up all night
Take a deep breath and wipe away the sweat,
Login as web admin and try a factory reset!

fordem

• Level 10 Member
Re: Firmware Recovery
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 05:09:29 PM »

kermit is a file transfer protocol that used to be used with serial ports - I don't think hyperterminal supports it
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.