• April 16, 2024, 01:48:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DNS-320L + mydlink  (Read 10723 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DNS-320L + mydlink
« on: September 19, 2013, 05:10:06 AM »

Call for Help. . .   :)

Have any DNS-320L owners successfully tested accessing DNS-320L files from mydlink? The following user is unable to get mydlink working properly with his ShareCenter. Unfortunately, I don't personally have a DNS-320L to test against. Thanks all!  ;)

Original Post on mydlink board:

Hi there,
I actually got a DNS-320L but it's pretty much the same anyway. So everything is working fine for me:
- I can access the console admin remotely (ddns working)
- I can use FTP
- I can use the mydlink android app
BUT

For some strange raisons I cannot access my files using the mydlink website ( https://fr.mydlink.com/entrance )as it can establish contact with my account (the "settings" tab is accessible and the NAS is correctly registered) but it will keep loading in a infinite loop without displying the files.

I am now really desesperate as I have been lookink for help for weeks now on several board and did not find a single person willing to try to access his NAS that way so that I can see whether I got a pb or if it the website.

Here is my original post in the DNS-320L section: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=52192.0

And a screen to show where the infite loop occurs:

Many thanks for your attention!

Link to Original Post:

DNS-320L + mydlink

Original Poster's Screenshot:

« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 05:12:25 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

stephil

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-320L + mydlink
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 06:33:02 AM »

yes I have just done it, Java needs to be allowed to run

Ardalista

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 09:52:45 PM »

I have one working but having trouble getting another to register for the site via the setup wizard.

Suggest the OP uninstalls java then access mydlink.com site.. when page loads it will advise java is required, install form the link provided, once complete refresh the browser page.. java should kick in then a pop-up will ask for permission to run.

check the box to prevent it asking again and select the run button, after that it should be good.

zemops

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 11:08:22 PM »

Thank you but it did not fix my issue, it is still the exact same thing. I did register my NAS btw.

Ardalista

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 11:25:34 PM »

What browser, and version of OS are you using, also is the os 32 or 64 bit?

zemops

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 11:41:20 PM »

Currently using Win7-64bit with the latest Firefox.

I got the same issue with IE even in compatibility mode and was experiencing the same on xp. I have the exact same loop on mutliple computers though so I don't believe it's something with my configuration.

Ardalista

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 12:08:13 AM »

Did you get the java security prompt where you need to allow java to run?

you can also try going here and downloading both the 32 bit and 54 bit versions of java.. this fixed an earlier issue I was having that was the same as yours.

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

zemops

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 12:16:39 AM »

Jave is enabled in Firefox and I uninstalled everything and reinstalled the latest 64bit build from java as you suggested and it is still the same.

zemops

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 12:18:03 AM »

Btw, do you personnaly got a DNS-320L and are able to use this site?

Ardalista

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 12:26:43 AM »

Yes, infact as I recently installed Windows I had to go through this exact process myself earlier today

(installing java and accepting the security warning once I refreshed the mydlink page)

I've also just resolved the other issue I was experiencing which was affecting my ability to register the 2nd 320l.. all working fine now and I can see both of my devices via mydlink.com

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 12:37:07 AM by Ardalista »

zemops

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 12:44:32 AM »

Happy for you!

I can get to the same tab as you do but will be stuck in the infinite loop if I hit the "file" tab.

Ardalista

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 12:47:28 AM »

hmm... that settings tab uses java so I don't think java is your problem here.. it could be having problems reading the file system...

have you tried to remove the device from the mydlink site and then re-add it again via the setup wizard software?

When you click on the file button it just gives you a view of the volume and the space used as per below.

once you click where it says Volume_1 it shows your folders and files.

Maybe try and temporarily disable the firewall if you have one in your router/modem and see if that makes any difference.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 12:52:44 AM by Ardalista »

zemops

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 12:52:30 AM »

Was not sure how to that (remove & reinstall) but guess It's worth a try. Did not try before because it's working fine with android app.

edit: the thing is I got several Go of stuff there and don't want to mess up everything (go FTP working for multiple users etc)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 12:54:09 AM by zemops »

Ardalista

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 01:03:35 AM »

what firmware have you got installed on your 320l ?

I have 1.02 installed on mine now but I also had 1.01 on the 1st one I brought last year and that was working fine. I made a post in another thread earlier relating to mydlink issues.. you will see my network is maybe a little complicated but this is how things are working now.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=51122.msg216476#msg216476

at the end of my post I put an update once I figured out the solution to my problem, it contains links to updated firmware and setup wizard.

I updated the firmware on my system without loosing any of my data or settings, if you have not done this it might be a good idea.

if you do update the firmware though you will need to download the new version of the setup wizard software to register the device onto mydlink site again

I also noticed you use the french site which is ok as you are in france, but have ytou attempted to access from another site such as https://au.mydlink.com/entrance ?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 01:17:19 AM by Ardalista »

zemops

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 01:38:53 AM »

I am now 1.02 for a little while but it always behaved the same for me from 1.00 to 1.02, irrespective of the website (tried the au site).

The wizard only serve to register on the website or will it whipe out everyting on the NAS if I run it again?
Pages: [1] 2