• April 26, 2024, 09:14:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Schedules can not run from through midnight.  (Read 4940 times)

BigW

Schedules can not run from through midnight.
« on: December 11, 2008, 08:17:00 PM »

When setting up a schedule under the Tools tab if the start time is PM and the end time is AM you will get an error stating that the time is invalid. You can not have a schedule that go through midnight. You should be able to set what ever time frame the Admin wants. I need to set a schedule that runs from 10 PM to 6 AM and it won't let me. My older Dlink router could do this as well as other brands I have used. I hope a software engineer is reading these posts. Please provide a firmware fix to correct the issue. :-\

Dragonslore

• Level 2 Member
Re: Schedules can not run from through midnight.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 09:16:35 PM »

You forgot to include an important piece of information.....

The Firmware Version you are running and the Hardware Revision of the router.

As far as I know, there are currently two Hardware Revisions of the DGL-4500 out. Revisions A1 and A2

BTW.....

Took a quick look at your website, if you're serious about fighting Spyware & Malware, then you might want to pay a visit to the Spywareinfo Forums. Although I would advise you leave your current signature behind as it would be considered self promotion what with the referral links on your site for products. Of particular interest to you may be the Boot Camp which you can sign up for, if you are interested in this. Another point of interest is the Security Warnings (sub-forum) which is useful for keeping up to date on current stuff well before most news sites become aware there is a problem.
- Excuse the writing, I've got a Dyslexic Keyboard

LaneLander

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 07:14:48 AM »

Sorry but I have to make a small comment about his site.  I looked at it and am a little embarrassed.  If, and I mean if a consumer went to the site they would find it confusing and after about 2 minutes just leave.  Heck I know what he was trying to say but the point did not get across.  And if any gear head went there well they would laugh. 

With that said I am running 1.15 and when I go to schedule it just lets me create a schedule but will not tell me what it is scheduling.  If that is the way it is supposed to work then fine.  BigW can you please let us know what version and what FW your running?

Dragonslore

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 08:01:12 AM »

I am a Member of the Spywareinfo Forums community (but I am not a representative) and if there is one thing I do know, it's how to deal with such parasites as Spyware and other parasites including RootKits.

Looking at his site, I did not like what I saw, but instead of taking issue with it, I felt it was better to point him to the Boot Camp where he can get some proper training should he be serious about learning the truth about such matters and helping others instead of just putting them down and making money off referrals.

Spyware removal is something that requires specialized training, but thanks to such sites as Spywareinfo Forums and others, many people come together and specialized tools get created to use in the fight. Some of these tools are freely available and others are not meant to be used by anyone who is not trained as they can cause more damage in the wrong hands.
- Excuse the writing, I've got a Dyslexic Keyboard

LaneLander

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 08:07:40 AM »

Agreed.

BigW

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 07:40:00 PM »

Running Version hardware ver. A1 with firmware ver. 1.5