• April 23, 2024, 05:53:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Hard Drives always blinking blue  (Read 2364 times)

luguen

• Level 1 Member
Hard Drives always blinking blue
« on: June 23, 2012, 04:05:48 PM »

Hello,
I can't access my dns-323 since yesterday.
After booting, the power and network are blue, but the both hard drives leds are blinking blue, and I can't access to the NAS in any way (ssh, web, etc...)
Reading the documentation tells me blinking blue is "access to hard drives", but the leds are constantly blinking...
Any idea how to solve this and get access back ?
Thank you,
luguen

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
Re: Hard Drives always blinking blue
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 06:19:07 PM »

Sounds to me like it is rebuilding your RAID volume. Let it run for a couple of days.
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

fordem

• Level 10 Member
Re: Hard Drives always blinking blue
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 07:52:04 AM »

During a raid rebuild, it should be possible to access not only the data, but also the status page in the web interface, which will indicate that a rebuild is in progress and also provide an estimate as to how long it will take - since he is unable to "access the NAS in any way", I would think there is a problem of some sort.

Unfortunately, since he mentions being unable to access the NAS via ssh, something which is not supported in the standard firmware, I would suspect the NAS has been hacked in some form, and at that point, any suggestions as to the cause become little more than a SWAG.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.