• March 28, 2024, 02:09:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cameras. All of a sudden just sending log to email no pics??  (Read 3732 times)

regmo0513

• Level 1 Member

I don't know what's going on. All of a sudden I am no longer getting any pics from either camera to my email.all I am getting is the log. Anyone know what's going on?

ceglia

• Level 2 Member
Re: Cameras. All of a sudden just sending log to email no pics??
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 01:22:45 AM »

Yeah, mine started behaving erratically like that as well, and now no longer sends ANYTHING.  used to send video clips, snapshots and logs.  I checked my Event Setup and noticed that my email settings (which previously tested fine) now fail the test.  WTF?  Haven't changed any settings.  Just stopped being able to send emails for some reason.

Check your email settings by running the test.  See if it still passes.
DLINK DCS-942L & DCS-2330L, Asus RT-N66U router

regmo0513

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 08:23:29 AM »

i got it working for a while. As soon as i try to add an sd card, it fails again. I had support on the phone for over an hour and they had no answers!!! very frustrating!!!

ceglia

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 09:49:53 AM »

i eventually got it to work permanently by setting up the email account i get for free from my ISP (previously i was trying to get it to work using gmail and hotmail).  i honestly think that's the only way to get it to work reliably.
DLINK DCS-942L & DCS-2330L, Asus RT-N66U router

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 09:56:06 AM »

If you are sending too many emails you may get blocked by yahoo Hotmail Gmail etc

regmo0513

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 06:32:11 AM »

I finally fixed. I noticed that on motion detection settings, the info for email kept getting erased. (I believe that was the issue) now it's working. Thanks to all who wrote.