D-Link Enterprise > DGS-3620-Series

D-Link DGS3620 48 Port Switch PoE Issue

(1/4) > >>

TriniMontes:
Is there any known history on these switches for the PoE controller to go out and not give power to PoE devices after a power outage due to a lightening storm? This has happened to 4 of our 7 switches we have in production within the past month (2 different storms one being stronger than the other). They are running off of a rack mounted power strip. We have a Cisco 2960X switch in the same rack as one of the D-Link switches and it is still giving power to PoE devices so it was not affected.

Thank You,
Trini

FurryNutz:
These switches are fairly new. There could be some issues maybe. I would phone contact D-Link support and ask for help and information about this. If this is a HW issue, RMA maybe needed. Let us know if you find out anything.

TriniMontes:
Thank you Mr. Furry. I have already asked D-Link about this issue and they said that they cannot warranty a switch that was potentially hit by lightning. So I understand this argument and agree with it, however, for us to lose that many D-Link switches is a little concerning to me especially when its the same series switch. PoE is the only thing that went out on the switches. Other than that, they are passing network traffic without any problems. It just seemed odd to me that the only thing that would go out is the PoE. I was just curious to see if anyone else here had the same experience with this specific series of switches.

Thank you for your reply,
Trini

FurryNutz:
I would presume that if you did have a lightning strike that it probably would effect the PoE portion of the switch.

Haven't seen any posts regarding this. However this thread doesn't see much activity so may not be anyone seeing issues like this.

You might ask D=Link if there is a flat fee repair option for these switches.

Good Luck.

RYAT3:

--- Quote from: TriniMontes on September 08, 2016, 06:37:29 AM ---Thank you Mr. Furry. I have already asked D-Link about this issue and they said that they cannot warranty a switch that was potentially hit by lightning. So I understand this argument and agree with it, however, for us to lose that many D-Link switches is a little concerning to me especially when its the same series switch. PoE is the only thing that went out on the switches. Other than that, they are passing network traffic without any problems. It just seemed odd to me that the only thing that would go out is the PoE. I was just curious to see if anyone else here had the same experience with this specific series of switches.

Thank you for your reply,
Trini

--- End quote ---

I tried to google this generically and didn't come up with much.

You have since rebooted the devices, pulled out all the POE connections and re-attached? 

Any reason not running any sort of UPS on these? 

Best thing I've read: Have insurance??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version