COVR - D-Link Whole Home Systems > COVR-2202

COVR-2202 - BETA Firmware 1.06B03

(1/10) > >>

GreenBay42:
Another new beta for the "guest network broadcast in AP mode" issue. Still not 100% but they said it is no longer open and the broadcast will stop after 3-5 minutes after a reboot.

ftp://FTP2.DLINK.COM/PRODUCTS/COVR-2202/REVA/BETA/COVR-2200_REVA_FIRMWARE_v1.06B03_HOTFIX.zip

FurryNutz:
Ok, Will check this out and report my findings.  ;)

FurryNutz:
Ok,
Router mode seems to be still working.
I do see dlink guest for a few seconds from the B point however it disappears soon after and doesn't return. Same for Bridge (AP) mode.

Unfortunately I have found a bug.  ::) The A point is crashing I believe, and starts blinking AMBER after connecting the B point via Ethernet while in Bridge (AP) mode. A Gb switch is in between the A point and B Point. Doesn't do this in router mode. My 1 wired PC connected to the switch also looses internet connectivity.  :-\ B Points front LED is WHITE. Wifi is still broadcasting.

Testing the B Point directly connected to the A Points #2 port directly with out a switch has same results for Bridge (AP) mode.

A factory reset and setup from scratch was performed along with two tests each for router and Bridge (AP) Mode.

I tested this new FW and COVR behind a main host router. So I'll try and find some time to put the COVR system online as main host router mode and see how it goes.  ???
Update 10/6/2020:
I found that it was not the A point that was crashing or stopping. It was the upstream non D-Link gateway modem I had the 2202 system connected too. I tried a different non D-Link MESH system and it also causes problems at the gateway modem. I how have the 2202 system configured in AP Mode behind a different non D-Link router and the entire system is working fine with the B point ethernet connected behind 3 daisy chained DGS 1 series switches. I've contacted the Mfr of the non D-Link gateway modem about the problem seen on there modem.  ;)

Still wish D-Link would try to implement changing from Bridge mode back to Router mode with out having to factory reset the A Point and setup from scratch.  ???

GreenBay42:
Thanks for the update. I sent HQ your findings.

FurryNutz:
Thank you.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version