The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > WBR-2310

Need to reboot every few days to restore wireless connectivity

(1/4) > >>

casimps1:
My WBR-2310 is running firmware 1.05. I have three wired devices connected and I also use three different wireless devices. The router is set to Auto Channel Scan, Super G w/o Turbo, WPA security, and a hidden SSID.

Typically everything works great for a few days. Then, suddenly none of my wireless devices are able to connect anymore. All of the wired devices continue working properly. I can access the router admin page through a wired device and it responds normally. Because of this consistency (all wired works, all wireless fails) I know there's some sort of problem on the router end... but I can't figure out what. If I reboot the router everything works again, but that's annoying.

Any suggestions?

whiskey4:
I do not have a work around or fix for this issue. However, I have experienced the same situation. My settings are almost identical to yours (do not use auto channel or hide my SSID).

Hopefully someone could suggest a resolution. The reboot is a little tiring. I just want you to know your not the only one having this experience.

vrezula:
You are not alone.  I bought this router a few years ago and used it for about a month.  Every couple of days I would lose wireless connectivity.  The radio beacon light would be on, but no signal.  Rebooting the router restored the signal, but what a hassle!  I finally switched to the Linksys WRT54 and have been happy ever since.  I just recently pulled the D-Link out and set it up as a WAP with the same results. Figured I would check here to see if there was a fix, but evidently not:(  I won't buy another D-Link again. >:(

TucsonLynne:
I used the WBR-1310 for years without a problem.  Installed WBR-2310 updated to 1.05 and every other day my laptop cannot connect to the network without rebooting the router.  I was using auto channel but now I am trying the turbo just for kicks to see if it makes any difference.  Very sorry I changed routers.

LTCM:
I have the same problem.  The router was great until I updated the firm ware.  Now I have to reboot the router EVERY DAY in order to connect to the wireless connection.  Before this was not a problem.  Wondering if I re-install the router to factory settings without the firmware if that will make a difference? What a pain in the a##.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version