• April 18, 2024, 10:11:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I can't find DNS-320 on network  (Read 49527 times)

germm

• Level 1 Member
Re: I can't find DNS-320 on network
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 08:09:27 PM »

I will get some screen shots tonight.
good news. It was a conflict with the DHCP and I have resolved my issue. I appreciate all the help.

Us amateurs shouldn't yell to loud until we fully understand the technology. I will get better with networking.

JuLx64

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 12:06:23 AM »

good news. It was a conflict with the DHCP and I have resolved my issue.

I suspected something of this kind, IP conflicts typically causes hosts randomly disappering from the network.

tartaz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 08:20:00 AM »

Hi Guys,

I just bought a D-Link Router DSL-2770L. I connected it up to my laptop and setup the internet connection, etc but I cannot find my D-Link DNS320 ShareCentre on the network.
Previously I had a netgear modem and I set it up on that and it worked fine, I could see it in the network and hence map the drive to my computer.
The Sharecentre is connected to the new router via cat6, and the laptop also via cat6. All the Ethernet connection lights are lit up on the router.
I also tried locating the Sharecentre on my other laptop via the wireless but that couldn't find it either, even though I had set it up wirelessly via the previous netgear modem.

I've tried rebooting the router, sharecentre, laptop and changing the Ethernet ports on the router and also the router's settings but nothing is working.

Can someone please help?

Thanks

ivan

• Level 8 Member
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 03:58:50 AM »

Did you initially set up your DNS-320 to have a fixed IP, if so is the new router DHCP on the same sub net?

Example, old IP of network 192.168.1.xxx ( where xxx changes depending on DHCP), new Ip of network 192.168.0.xxx   If the NAS has a fixed IP that worked with the old IPs then it won't work on the new IPs.

The other thing to do, if you use windows, is to download a copy of Netscan and use it to check what it sees on your network.

Edit: Get Netscan from. http://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/ scroll down the page past the screen shots to download the zip file (this is the latest version that works with win2000 to win8
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 04:01:23 AM by ivan »

jcgodber

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 04:59:01 PM »

SUCCESS... I finally got my DNS 320 connected to my network
The answer was to start over and reset the D-Link then run the software
WHERE it ask DHCP client or static IP select Static IP

This is where I was going wrong.
I hope this helps someone else to keep from going thru what I was doing
I am no Network savey person and am just winging it.

Jim Godber
Pages: 1 [2]