• April 15, 2024, 11:52:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: MY WIFI CAN'T DETECT MY DLINK 5020L  (Read 14914 times)

mich036

• Level 1 Member
MY WIFI CAN'T DETECT MY DLINK 5020L
« on: January 29, 2014, 03:22:42 AM »

i recently bought a new DLINK 5020L, so when trying to set it up, following the instruction on the installation CD, my WiFi wasn't able to detect the camera so i retried the procedure several times, made sure my password is correct and other devices were easily connected to Wi Fi without any problem. distance, password, everything was fine but the Edimax router still couldn't detect the camera...

I have another DLINK 5020L which was connecting normally to the same WiFi, but had the same issue as the new camera when once I changed my router's password. So now both camera cant connect to WiFi.

i m pretty sure its a software issue, because the old camera was able to connect to wifi just before i tried to set it up again with my new wi fi password.

please help...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: MY WIFI CAN'T DETECT MY DLINK 5020L
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 04:57:04 AM »

You can try using a wired connection and log into the DCS-5020L web UI using a web browser. Next navigate to SETUP > Wireless Setup > Wireless Settings. Next, manually enter your network credentials.

Your old DCS-5020L that's already configured should work fine after you enter the network settings manually. You can configure the new DCS-5020L while the device has a wired connection, and then manually enter the wireless credentials as described above and remove the wired connection.

One point to note: What firmware version are you running? If you updated your DCS-5020L firmware since purchasing the camera, you should download the latest Setup Wizard application to match your firmware version rather than using the Setup Wizard CD that came with the camera.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:49:39 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 09:02:10 AM »

Did you make your password long or complex?
Try something simple first.

i recently bought a new DLINK 5020L, so when trying to set it up, following the instruction on the installation CD, my WiFi wasn't able to detect the camera so i retried the procedure several times, made sure my password is correct and other devices were easily connected to Wi Fi without any problem. distance, password, everything was fine but the Edimax router still couldn't detect the camera...

I have another DLINK 5020L which was connecting normally to the same WiFi, but had the same issue as the new camera when once I changed my router's password. So now both camera cant connect to WiFi.

i m pretty sure its a software issue, because the old camera was able to connect to wifi just before i tried to set it up again with my new wi fi password.

please help...

Louike

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 12:39:31 AM »

i am experiencing the same problem, i cant reconnect to my wifi since i changed to a different channel. now when i set it back to the previous one, it wont connect either.