• April 24, 2024, 12:51:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSM-510 WON'T BOOT UP?  (Read 4062 times)

JACOBJOHNSON76

DSM-510 WON'T BOOT UP?
« on: February 24, 2008, 12:32:29 PM »

My newly purchased DSM-510 won't "load" or "boot" past the black D-Link screen on the Television.  I can't hit anything on the remote or do anything (plug/unplug, etc) that will get it past this screen.  Unable to do any type of reset, because there isn't a pinhole for a manual reset.

Have downloaded the most current version of mediaserver to computer.  DSM-510 is hooked up to a Dlink DI-808HV router.  Computer is running Windows Vista Home Ultimate.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DSM-510 WON'T BOOT UP?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 04:09:48 PM »

It seems to be that your DSM-510 may be defective. If you are using HDMI video output I would recommend trying the composite video output and see if you have the same results. If it does work using composite then manually configure the HDMI. unplugging the power cable from the back and plugging it back in is the only other option to try. If this does not resolve the issue I would recommend returning the DSM-510 to the point of purchase for a working unit. If this cannot be done and is past the return period contact technical support for a replacement.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream