• April 26, 2024, 02:45:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: NOOB set up help needed  (Read 1825 times)

Andytheanimal

• Level 1 Member
NOOB set up help needed
« on: August 21, 2013, 09:34:50 AM »

Please help. Have 320 set-up so far that I can add some files and view them on DLink App so I know it's working. Currently on v1.02 firmware and I believe current version is 2.03.

When I am trying to upgrade the firmware, it always fails. When the site says 'wired connection' during a firmware upgrade, what do they mean? An ethernet cable from my laptop to the NAS as currently I have one from the NAS to my router.

I can't get the NAS visible in full to my PS3. It can see the NAS and the three media folder types but they all appear empty to the PS3, but I can navigate to folders on my iPad and see them?

I would also like to set it up to allow me to access it outside of my home network and add, edit, view files. Please has someone got an idiot's guide?

Help would really be appreciated.

cable2

• Level 3 Member
Re: NOOB set up help needed
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 12:11:27 PM »

Hi,
Assuming you have the 320"L" not the older 320, you have the most current firmware available....

Andytheanimal

• Level 1 Member
Re: NOOB set up help needed
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 12:13:03 PM »

It's the 320. Wife has sorted it whilst I've been at work <hangs head in shame....>