• March 28, 2024, 11:44:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Connecting to mydlink  (Read 3355 times)

SnowFrog

• Level 1 Member
Connecting to mydlink
« on: January 20, 2014, 06:56:44 PM »

Hi there

I am not a network guy but I know about computers quite a bit. I purchase a dir-845l before Xmas and set up the basic and that works.

Apparently then I also set up the router to work with mydlink remote management. The router it self says I am registered. I also log in. In mydlink and I do see my router on the tab on the left side. But the central panel tell me that it can not connect to my router that there must be a firewall or it is not setup. So ok my router is set up as it say so are there any special settings inthe router's firewall that I must also set fore mydlink to communicate with the remote management capability.

I also tried to look at the apps for IOS but I am not sure which app is suppose to do what. It looks like some of the names have changed or something.  What I want to do really is to monitor my kids use age of the internet and which site they visit. Which app do I need and how do I set it up. The one I got because my router was specifically mentioned was the mydlink cloud but that is asking for a server in the form of yourid.mydlinkcloud.com which I can't find any documentation to tell me what this yourid is and where do I find it.  Then it asks for account. This is a word I can find on the mydlink site. Where do I find the account information. Now the password I can certainly figure out but my guesses have been to no avail

Anybody can point me in the general direction when all of this is documented?

SnowFrog

• Level 1 Member
Re: Connecting to mydlink
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 06:29:34 PM »

All right me again

The fact that no one even made any comments on this either means that no one has a clue cause it's too complex, everyone has the same question but no answers, this capability althought on the web site does not exist, or no one understand what I mean.

Either way any comments would be better than no comments.

The dir-845l web site says I can remotely monitor my kids internet activities remotely and that is what I want to do. Is anybody doing this? If so so how?

Has anybody tried or would like to but have not been able and given up?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Connecting to mydlink
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 07:31:31 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under router.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
  • What ISP Modem service link speeds UP and Down do you have?

You can access the router remotely by going to mydlink.com for your region with a PC and see the router there. Ensure that your PC is up to date on Java.com. http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=52657.0
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.