• April 27, 2024, 08:15:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Movie Playlist  (Read 5914 times)

Bee-iLL

• Level 1 Member
Movie Playlist
« on: February 08, 2009, 07:07:12 PM »

Any way to play a movie playlist? I have a bunch of music videos and can only get them to play 1 at a time. I want them to play back to back. Tried pressing play on the folder, did not work. Created a m3u playlist with tversity, showed up, but opens like a folder and again can only play the files one at a time. Basically i'm looking for a "play all" function for a folder of movies, so i dont have to keep selecting the next one to play. Thanks for anyones help.

fly

• Level 2 Member
  • I am getting rid of 2 DSM-750's. Firmware upgrade?
Re: Movie Playlist
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 04:28:04 AM »

Try using the green "Shuffle" button after starting a movie and it should play everything in that folder. As far as a playlist, I don't think so....

Bee-iLL

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 03:30:08 PM »

Tried using the green shuffle button during a movie and before. Neither worked. Did not play all the movies in the folder. While pressing the shuffle button during the movie, it produced a Ø in the upper right corner. Anyone else have any other ideas on how to play a whole folder of movie files(mpg's and avi's)?

Bee-iLL

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 04:39:36 PM »

Well again I am sorry I didn't buy my PS3 before my DSM-750. The PS3 can also act as a media server (in case some of you didn't know), so I tried it out and it has a nice feature you can enable in the settings called "sequential playback". This allows continous playback of video files in a folder... Gee, what a concept.  This is why D-Link will fail in this market. They don't think of the nice little features most consumers who buy a media server would want.

fly

• Level 2 Member
  • I am getting rid of 2 DSM-750's. Firmware upgrade?
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 06:12:51 PM »

Your right. You can't use the shuffle button on the 750. It does display two different icons on the video folder browse screen when you push it (two wavy lines and two wavy lines with a line crossing through them). On the DSM-520 you could just push the play button on a folder and it would play all the contents of that folder. Wish we had the option to do that on the 750.............

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 11:40:08 AM »

Yeah that definitely is a feature it should have as the DSM-520 does. I will see about having it added in the next firmware update. Thank you for your input. 
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream