• April 27, 2024, 09:58:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSM-750 update problem  (Read 6177 times)

akmeckman

• Level 1 Member
DSM-750 update problem
« on: October 20, 2010, 11:02:28 PM »

I just bought a dsm-750 used and it worked great turned it on it found my router no problem went to the update screen it was at firmware 1.0.0.36 it saw there was an update so it went through the update flawless it rebooted and now it cant find any wireless networks hard wired it works fine not sure how old it is it seems its and older one its only got 1 antenna not 3 I just spent 2 hours on the phone with some guy in India all he could tell me was send it back can someone please help?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 07:17:36 PM by akmeckman »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DSM-750 update problem
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 04:44:34 AM »

Did you try flashing back to the default firmware to validate that wireless is working?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 04:48:55 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

akmeckman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 01:32:18 PM »

hi yes I have tried reflashing with the same new update via usb also tryed to reflash with the older one which seems to be one newer I cant find the original 1.0.0.36 when I try to reflash it cant see the file it seems. I have done it just like they say on the web site put the file and the text file in the root of the flash drive

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 03:24:21 PM »

You implied in an earlier post that you have an option of returning the unit.  If you can return your DSM-750 for a refund, you may consider waiting for the D-Link Boxee Box slated for release in November.  It costs more, but has way more in terms of usability and functionality.

akmeckman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 06:18:14 PM »

I got it from Amazon for a good price it worked perfectly before the update I couldn't bring my self to lie and tell him it dident work when I received it seems to me its dlinks problem with there update not be compatible with an earlier version of the dsm-750 I could be wrong but it sure looks like that is the problem they also told me you cant flash back with and earlier firmware do you know if this is true?

akmeckman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 07:15:57 PM »

I just got off the phone with dlink tech support they are telling me that they never made a dsm-750 with only one antenna does anyone know if this is true?

rob_t

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 10:18:41 PM »

I think that's most likely true. The DSM-750 uses wireless N, which uses multiple antennas for signal diversity.

I can say with certainty that both of mine have 3 each.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 05:26:59 AM »

I got it from Amazon for a good price it worked perfectly before the update I couldn't bring my self to lie and tell him it dident work when I received it seems to me its dlinks problem with there update not be compatible with an earlier version of the dsm-750 I could be wrong but it sure looks like that is the problem they also told me you cant flash back with and earlier firmware do you know if this is true?

There's nothing dishonest about returning a product if that product doesn't meet advertised performance standards or hardware specifications.  In this instance you have a DSM-750 which doesn't perform properly following D-Link sanctioned firmware upgrades and doesn't meet proper hardware specifications.  D-Link told you that the DSM-750 was never manufactured with one antennae.  Something is not right here.  While you still have the opportunity, you many want to reconsider your decision to keep/return the device.