• April 19, 2024, 05:29:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Formatting New RAID  (Read 3356 times)

rOBvAN

• Level 1 Member
Formatting New RAID
« on: December 04, 2015, 06:51:51 AM »

I really hope there are still some active people here.

DNS-343 on version 1.05.

Installed 4x2TB drives, all working perfectly.

I load up the NAS, it presents the "This section allows you to change the hard drive configuration or to format the newly inserted hard drive. Notice that the data stored in formatted drives will be erased during the process."

I select RAID 5, it initialises and then after a couple of hours successfully formats. The only option I have after that is to reboot.
I reboot and then get the same message at the beginning.

It successfully creates the Volume but then doesn't see it after the reboot. WTF is going on?

ORMAT RESULTS :

Change the hard drive configuration or format the newly inserted hard drive(s). Notice that your data will be erased during the process.

Volume Name  File System  Format Result
 Volume_1  ext2  SUCCESS

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:10:23 AM by rOBvAN »

ivan

• Level 8 Member
Re: Formatting New RAID
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 09:46:37 AM »

Yes, there are people that still read this forum.

First I need to know how you are getting the information you mention.  Are you logged in via the Web UI or some other way?

The format results that you show are correct for a formatted RAID 5 array.  All you will ever see is Volume_1 because your data is the same on all the disks - the only difference being the parity information which you do not see.

Have you setup at least one user?
Have you assigned a user on the Network Access page of the UI and have you assigned NFS or SMB to that user and applied the necessary permissions?
Have you tried to see how the NAS appears on your PC in network under windows explorer (assuming you are using windows)?