• March 28, 2024, 09:53:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Firmware 3.10/3.15] PS3 freezes when attempting to play videos from DNS-323...  (Read 11217 times)

kjata

• Level 1 Member

As noted in the subject, the PS3 with firmware 3.10/3.15 freezes when attempting to play videos from DNS-323 w/ 1.06.  A couple of other points of interest:

1)  This only happens when attempting to play files that are more then 1 sub-folder down.
2)  This used to work just fine when the PS3 was using firmware revs 2.X.

Anyone seeing anything similar to this, and/or have any thoughts on the root cause?

Thanks!

P.S.  Sony tech support should be renamed...juuuust a little disappointed by them.

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member

Have you considered updating the firmware on the DNS-323?  I'm currently running 1.08b8, and it's been working fine for some time here.
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

kjata

• Level 1 Member

I have not tried 1.08 yet as its in Beta (not sure what the ETA is for the official release?).  Anyway, if I'm still having problems when 1.08 is officially released (ex: Sony doesn't fix this in a new firmware rev), I'll give it a shot.

krenkey

• Level 2 Member

No problems here with the ps3 new updates running 1.08 beta

MisterJumpMan

• Level 1 Member

Hey guys. I'm having a similar issue:
  My PS3 suddenly locks up now when I attempt to stream video from my DNS-323, but ONLY when I attempt to start a video from browsing the folders. This DOES NOT happen if I tell the PS3 to show me "All Videos," and begin streaming from that option, even if that video file freezes the PS3 from the browsing folders option. My Xbox 360 can still stream videos from either option.
  I am using the DNS-323 with 2 1TB Seagate Serial ATA hard drives, and running firmware 1.08. I also am using a 250GB PS3 Slim with firmware 3.15. They're on a network run by the DIR-825 (firmware 1.13NA), and all hardwired. I've heard that the PS3 can only play video files from a USB if they are in the root folder. Maybe this is similar?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 12:29:48 PM by MisterJumpMan »

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.

Hey guys. I'm having a similar issue:
  My PS3 suddenly locks up now when I attempt to stream video from my DNS-323, but ONLY when I attempt to start a video from browsing the folders. This DOES NOT happen if I tell the PS3 to show me "All Videos," and begin streaming from that option. My Xbox 360 can still stream videos from either option.
  Everything was working fine Saturday night (3/13). Sunday morning (3/14) I woke up and put in Uncharted 2 for the first time. It did a title update (to 1.06). I then attempted to watch a video via browsing folders, and the PS3 locked up. I then noticed that neither the PS3, nor the DNS-323 had automatically changed their time to account for Daylight Savings. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the sudden issue.
  I am using the DNS-323 with 2 1TB Seagate Serial ATA hard drives, and running firmware 1.08. I also am using a 250GB PS3 Slim. They are all hardwired via the D-link Dir-825 router, using the Gigabit connection. I deleted the title update for Uncharted 2, and rebuilt the hard drive database and file system on the PS3 (via the service menu), but this has changed nothing.
  To reiterate, the PS3 and DNS-323 were working just fine together UNTIL the Daylight Savings time change. That, and Uncharted 2 updating itself, are the only variations in my setup that occurred between the night it worked, and the morning it suddenly stopped working. Anyone else having this issue?

Posting on 3 subjects with copy and pastes is a quick way to get ignored and removed. If you have an issue either reply to one with the same subject or make your own topic. Do not spam other or unrelated threads.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 12:17:05 PM by D-Link Multimedia »

MisterJumpMan

• Level 1 Member

Posting on 3 subjects is a quick way with copy and pastes is a quick way to get ignored and removed. If you have an issue either reply to one with the same subject or make your own topic. Do not spam other or unrelated threads.

Sorry, just posting to threads that I thought this issue was relevant on. I will modify the posts so they are not carbon copies.

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.

I have already removed your earlier posts minus this one.

sean1234

• Level 1 Member

hey Jumpman,
I had the exact same problem as you. In another post you mentioned daylight saving time was whent he problem started happening ( I wouldnt have noticed that). So I logged into my Dlink admin page went under TOOLs ( along the top) then TIME  (along the Left) and setup my DLINk so it the time was right ( it was an hour off, I used the get time from my computer button)  then turned on DST so it automatically corrected for daylight savings. Now it works.
Hope that helps

sean1234

• Level 1 Member

I am also using FW 1.07 still

DrixNeix

• Level 1 Member

Hi, I'm new to the forums, but this is exactly the problem I've been having for the past week. Has anybody found a good resolution for this issue? I was curious if the problem was the 3.21 update of the PS3, but it was still working for a week after I updated it making me doubt it.

Any suggestions would help. I am still running 1.06FW so if updating has helped you please let me know.

Thanks!

LiquidFusion

• Level 1 Member

I am having the same issue.  Anything above 1 folder in freezes the PS3.  It was working fine in 1.07, since I flashed to 1.08 I now have the issue. 

Should I re-flash 1.08?  If I remember correctly, all 1.09 is was an update for the online backup.  Any other users go from 1.07 to 1.08 without this problem?

Buhric

• Level 3 Member

After doing the update... did you do a reset to default on the DNS-323 ?
if not... used the reset button on the back... hold it for about 20 secs...

Then DO NOT reload saved configuration.. MANUALLY reconfigure the DNS-323

LiquidFusion

• Level 1 Member

I did a reset to default from the web interface, then manually reconfigured everything.  Same result.

DrixNeix

• Level 1 Member

This does seem to be a random issue as people have gotten it after different things. Should I try updating my DNS-323's Firmware as I'm still running 1.06?

Also my PS3 is now having a lot of problems even recognizing the media server. I've done a restore of defaults on the DNS and manually reconfigured it with it not helping.

This really has me stumped.
Pages: [1] 2