D-Link Enterprise > DGS-1100-Series

DGS-1100-05PD - Achiving 18W PoE Passthrough

(1/2) > >>

J1mbo:
The switch supports custom PoE Power Limit and 18W overall budget.

However, both ports can be enabled only when configured as Class 1 or Class 2 (per the data sheet).

Could the firmware be adjusted to enable both ports when combined configured limit is less than 18W? i.e. Class 2 on one port and custom for the remainder on the other.

In my case I have two devices reporting class 0 and the 18W is plenty, but one device needs 8W peak. So 7W and 11W would be a perfect configuration for me.

J1mbo:
Quick update for the benefit of the search.

* There is a bug in B031 that prevents more than one port being used if the power output mW is configured manually, fixed in B033
* The switch can provide 18W on one port when manually configured to do so.
* The switch reserves 15.4W for any port configured with more than 7W, therefore, only one port can be powered on if more than 7W is configured.
As always, D-Link support are super helpful, but it seems hardware limitation prevents the use of more than 14W when both ports are powered.

FurryNutz:
Thank you for your feed back. Glad D-Link was able to help solve this.
Keep in touch with them if other issues appear.

aag:

--- Quote from: J1mbo on June 28, 2019, 09:45:24 AM ---Quick update for the benefit of the search.

* There is a bug in B031 that prevents more than one port being used if the power output mW is configured manually, fixed in B033
* The switch can provide 18W on one port when manually configured to do so.
* The switch reserves 15.4W for any port configured with more than 7W, therefore, only one port can be powered on if more than 7W is configured.
As always, D-Link support are super helpful, but it seems hardware limitation prevents the use of more than 14W when both ports are powered.

--- End quote ---

Hi there. It seems I'm stuck with the same problem.
You mentioned that there is a bug in firmware B031 but was fixed in B033.
Where did you get version B033 from?
I couldn't find if for my 05PD model on Dlink support site and not in ftp.
I would really appreciate your help!

J1mbo:
You need to raise a case with drink support I'm afraid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version