• May 11, 2024, 07:51:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Audio cutout issues  (Read 3424 times)

nd4speed

• Level 1 Member
Audio cutout issues
« on: April 01, 2009, 04:46:04 PM »

I have several of these phones on my network and noticed a problem that a user brought to my attention that seems to be prevailant on all the phones I've tested.

Make a phone call and wiggle the cable connecting the handset and the phone base (in the middle of the cable or near the jacks), and I detect audible cutouts in the call. Is anyone else having this issue? Is this a build quality issue with this model of phone, or do I need to change gateway settings?

I'm on SP2, and have the latest firmware on everything (01.14.19 on the phones). TIA.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 09:00:39 AM by nd4speed »

nd4speed

• Level 1 Member
Audio cutout issues
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 09:00:12 AM »

I think I narrowed down the issue. It seems like the echo cancellation feature of the PSTN gateway is causing this issue. When I disable this feature the audio cutouts stop completely, but I get a slightly delayed echo of my voice while on a call.
I've tried playing with codecs (going from G.711u to G.729) and there was no difference in audio cutouts. I'm going to try leaving echo cancellation disabled and play with the "VoIP to PSTN (RX)" settings.