• April 26, 2024, 06:23:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-323 (and DSM 520) Quirks and Issues...  (Read 5064 times)

j001

DNS-323 (and DSM 520) Quirks and Issues...
« on: December 14, 2007, 10:10:31 PM »

Hello guys,

First I just want to tell you how happy I am with the DNS-323...
There are some issues I would like to discuss.

1) The DNS-323 does NOT recognize empty folders or folders with Symlinks (Soft links) in them. I have a lot of files I break down into Genre, Year, Other, and I use Symlinks to arrange the files.

I have to use TVersity to see the Symlinks and to get XBOX 360, which is disappointing because I wanted it to be complete PC independent.

2) I have also mentioned that the DSM-520 has problems playing movies both XVID and DIVX that have the following RIFF data in them: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=693.new;topicseen#new
The XBOX 360 (with fall update) plays these movies fine....

3) When using the DSM-520, I cannot have a lot of files in a folder.
If I do it will allow me to scroll down for about 1/3 of the way then it jumps to the top of the list and I have to scroll backwards to view the rest of the files...

I am beginning to wish I got the XBOX 360 for media playback
instead of the DSM-520  :'(

Thanks again for making the DNS-323, I absolutely love it  ;D
- J

j001

Re: DNS-323 (and DSM 520) Quirks and Issues...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 07:09:18 PM »

No comments...
anything...

I was at least expecting some feedback from the D-Link Devs....  ???

larrygray

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 03:49:54 PM »

Your 3rd issue is the same problem I'm currently having.  I can go about 4 pages and then they start over again.   I did find out that I can go backwards and it will take me to the Z end of the listing and I can scroll that way.  But everytime I scroll forward about 4 pages it starts over again showing me the same folders.  I'm using the DSM520 and the DNS323 NAS.   I'm getting ready to upgrade the firmware to 1.06 to see if that will help.  If it helps I'll let you know.

larrygray

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 04:17:19 PM »

The firmware upgrade to 1.06 for the DNS520 fixed the problem of scrolling through all the folders.   I didn't know that this upgrade existed because 1.05 firmware had and issue with not being able to find regrades because it looks at the wrong URL on the web.  Good luck.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 04:24:53 PM »

firmware 1.06 will fix the issue with scrolling if you have many files as larrygray mentioned. As for the UPnP Medias server limitation I do not have any updates for this in future firmware at this time. Issues with Xbox however should be resolved in 1.07
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream