• April 16, 2024, 06:27:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: IPTV and multicast  (Read 7141 times)

sharac

• Level 1 Member
IPTV and multicast
« on: February 03, 2009, 02:59:48 PM »

To save some of you a lot of trouble (i was searching the forums regarding multicast and found no definite answers to it) i'll post it here:

DIR-655 A3 with firmware 1.21EU in my case failed to forward multicast packets (IPTV in my case) to LAN or wireless from WAN interface (provider has its vdsl2 modem setup in such a way that on all its ports multicast is being broadcasted and it has limit of two active devices on modem). My goal was to have setup like that VDSL2 modem -> dir-655-> LAN pcs and wifi laptops and all LAN and wifi devices IPTV via VLC. To cut long story short i've found an older firmware on taiwanese site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/temp/dk2Support_Firmware/632/DIR655A3_FW111EAB08.bin) which after downgrading from 1.21 fixed IPTV broadcasting and everything is A OK.

tipstir

• Level 3 Member
    • Tipstir's LAN ZONE
Re: IPTV and multicast
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 05:57:31 PM »

To save some of you a lot of trouble (i was searching the forums regarding multicast and found no definite answers to it) i'll post it here:

DIR-655 A3 with firmware 1.21EU in my case failed to forward multicast packets (IPTV in my case) to LAN or wireless from WAN interface (provider has its vdsl2 modem setup in such a way that on all its ports multicast is being broadcasted and it has limit of two active devices on modem). My goal was to have setup like that VDSL2 modem -> dir-655-> LAN pcs and wifi laptops and all LAN and wifi devices IPTV via VLC. To cut long story short i've found an older firmware on taiwanese site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/temp/dk2Support_Firmware/632/DIR655A3_FW111EAB08.bin) which after downgrading from 1.21 fixed IPTV broadcasting and everything is A OK.

Thanks for this one I had 1.11, 1.11EU (never tested it) and now your 1.11EAB80 I'll start testing off the network soon. If that doesn't work? I'll be on the phone with India DLINK to get it resolve for a replacement.

LAN Zone | Twitter @ tipstir | Youtube @ tipstir | Facebook @ tipstir

DIR-655 A3 1.11 APNs | DP-301U (3x)

cc999

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 07:39:38 PM »

Will that be ok for a us unit a3 hardware???

sharac

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 11:08:27 PM »

I'm sorry but i cannot say for sure although in master page of that site it's listed as a1-a3. All i can confirm is A3 EU version of DIR-655 works. Some more details:

I used dhcp assignment for my devices and IP reservation for those i wanted static (did not use static addressing) and no other configuration except multicast streams ON.