• March 28, 2024, 01:23:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Page 87 of the manual doesn't match my Setup screen  (Read 3283 times)

whacker

• Level 1 Member
Page 87 of the manual doesn't match my Setup screen
« on: January 25, 2011, 08:38:25 PM »

When I try to find where to select between the different encryption types (TKIP or AES), I see the info on page 87 of the product manual, but this doesn't match what I see in the Manual Wireless Network Setup screen.  You can select WPA Personal (in Security Mode), but there are no further panels below it to select encryption types and enter the PSK.  Compare page 30 to page 87.  There are extra panels on 87 that don't appear on 30, and I can't find a way to access them while accessing the router.

I've got the unit set up and running; works fine with my wireless laptop.  It's just that I need to be able to switch between things in order to troubleshoot a setup with an internet radio I'm trying to get running (Grace Digital, which apparently doesn't do 802.11n, only up to g).

Also, every time I go back to the manual setup page (looking at the router), it doesn't seem to display the settings I last selected and saved.  Is this common, or are my settings being saved?  Strange.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 08:46:31 PM by whacker »

whacker

• Level 1 Member
Re: Page 87 of the manual doesn't match my Setup screen
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 07:22:39 AM »

Man, this forum is dead.  I'm going to have to try contact the company directly, but I'm going to add this little bit:

I have a need to try and make the router wireless-g only, because I'm using it with an internet radio that appears to be having its own set of troubles.  For the sake of troubleshooting I want to set the router to "g" only.

The problem is that when I go to manually set up the wireless part of the router, it never appears to actually save what I've input.  This is basically an extension of my previous post.  You go in and click all the right settings, Save the settings, wait for the countdown, continue, back to the setup screen, and the old, (I assume) default settings appear on screen.  Go to the status page, and it reports the same.  What's going on here?

I do seem to get a little more promise with the auto-configure style of config attempt.  I was previously able to change from WPA to WEP security, only through auto-configure (this is all the internet radio would work with, strangely).  But this leaves me doubting. 

Anyone have any clue about this?

altair_xms

• Level 2 Member
Re: Page 87 of the manual doesn't match my Setup screen
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 09:12:20 AM »

i have a different router...dir-600...after reading a lot of post...d-link has a big issue regarding firmware, my advice is to try finding the latest firmware update from d-link (you should try contact support from d-link)

another option is dd-wrt...not sure if your hardvare is supported