• March 28, 2024, 04:15:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Shareport problems with Printer beiing interrupted  (Read 6220 times)

Loek Rots

Shareport problems with Printer beiing interrupted
« on: January 08, 2009, 12:54:26 AM »

So I have another problem with the shareport function which I use to connect an usb printer (canon pixma). On both pc's (vista and xp) the icon in the system tray is green and they are able to connect. The problem is that when printing a document the print window of the printer gives me a connection error. It tells me to deselect the 'print interupt' (don't know the correct words since I have a dutch OS) in the printer jobs window. Indeed that option is marked in the print window and the details of the printer say it is interrupted. But I cannot deselect the print interupt thing since it is greyed out!

What to do?

Loek Rots

Re: Shareport problems with Printer beiing interrupted
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 01:09:55 AM »

Okay I have checked some more and it has definitly to do something with the fast user switching (http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=3554.0).. I can change the interrupt setting on the other account on the laptop but it will flip back automaticly... argh!

I have managed to fix it by deleting the printer on the vista laptop. I connected the printer directly to the laptop, installed the drivers, and connected the printer back to the router. I hope this will last.. if not, I'll post here.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 01:49:47 AM by Loek Rots »

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 10:17:24 AM »

Told you that Fast User switching causes a lot of problems...
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

Loek Rots

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 07:52:52 AM »

yes indeed, you did...

though I think this feature is used by many so I would advise dlink to fix the problems..

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 01:19:49 PM »

Let's see if one of the techs can axplain why this is not that easy (as I suspect with my basic knowledge of the Windows driver system).
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33