• April 19, 2024, 11:49:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-330 Locking up  (Read 3212 times)

mark0456

• Level 1 Member
DIR-330 Locking up
« on: July 20, 2010, 08:30:10 PM »

HELP PLEASE..
I have a DIR-330 running firmware 1.12 that keeps locking up / freezing / crashing whatever you want to call it.
I have already returned one unit and am on unit #2 with the exact same issues so it has to be firmware related and not hardware as originally thought?
Seems when I connect this router to the ISP (xplornet) which their satelite module provides a DHCP WAN IP to the router of 169.254.1.3 it will work just fine until it is power cycled...then poof no internet, try to browse to 192.168.0.1 and it is running very very slow and all icons and pictures are not displayed correct.  In addition the SSID stops being broadcast, the DHCP server stops working....it's done.
If I do a hard reset it will work again...... 
The very odd thing is if we plug in an old Linksys wired router it works all the time.
If i take the DIR-330 to another location and plug our network into the wan port, making the wan IP 192.168.10.203 it works perfect and i can not make it fail...(and have tried for a long time).

Is there some bug or issue with the DIR-330 having a WAN IP of 169.254.1.3 or could it be related to the DHCP Mac address issue i have read about??

Any help is appreciated....next step is going to a linksys...ahh I hate that thought..