• March 29, 2024, 03:25:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Allow MS Windows Remote Assistance requests through the router  (Read 3856 times)

parryjm

• Level 1 Member
Allow MS Windows Remote Assistance requests through the router
« on: January 06, 2010, 04:29:09 AM »

I am having trouble configuring my WBR-1310 router to allow me to accept a Windows Remote Assistance (WRA) requests from a user over the Internet, so that I can assist them with trouble-shooting.  I've been successful with one person, who also uses a D-Link router.  Where I am encountering a problem is with a friend who uses a Linksys router.   If I bypass my router and connect my laptop directly to my cable modem and I disable my Norton Smart Firewall & Intrusion Protection, I am able to establish a WRA session.  As soon as I re-connect my laptop to my router, then I am not able to establish a WRA session.  Something on my router seems to be blocking this session coming through my friend's Linksys router.

My laptop's IP address behind my D-Link router is 192.168.0.100.  The IP address of the computer behind my friend's Linksys router is 192.168.1.102

I have configured my router as follows...
   Port forwarding - IP Address = 192.168.0.100; Start port = 3389; End Port = 3389; Traffic Type = Any
   Application Rule - Trigger port = 3389; Firewall Port = 3389; Traffic Type = Any

Not sure if I need the above Application Rule setting.

Is there some other setting within the Router that needs to be set?  What puzzles me is that I am able to establish a WRA session with another friend with these router settings.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.