• April 27, 2024, 05:59:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Lost access to single folder  (Read 1525 times)

Omega7ven

• Level 1 Member
Lost access to single folder
« on: November 19, 2011, 02:59:26 PM »

I have a strange situation.
Just recently (within the last few weeks) I cannot access one folder on my DNS-323.  All the other folders I can still access.
Strange thing is that although I cannot access it from any computer, I can still access it through two out of three of my media players (PS3 and my Samsung smart phone).  When I try with my Patriot Box media player the folder does not even show up.

When I try to access it from any computer I get the following message:
'name of folder' is not accessible.  You might not have permission to access this network resource.  Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

I have changed nothing to the DNS-323 setup in anyway.  It just stopped letting me access that folder.  I even went so far as to change the name of the folder and the same thing still happens.  I can only access it from the 2 media players.

I've tried resetting the passwords for the user accounts and remapped the network access on the computers.  No change.

I'm running my pc's on Windows XP Pro and the DNS-323 firmware is v1.09 and it's been that way for over a year now with v1.09.

Anyone have any ideas?

Omega7ven  ???