• April 19, 2024, 01:53:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-2130 ftp uploads different filename  (Read 7476 times)

truls

• Level 1 Member
DCS-2130 ftp uploads different filename
« on: November 07, 2011, 03:46:40 PM »

I have configured my new DCS-2130 with periodic transfer of snapshots to my web page.
The filename prefix which is given as input in the MEDIA TYPE setup
however gets extended with additional numbers resulting in unique filenames after every transfer.
E.g. SNAPSHOT1320703730_3939.jpg where filename prefix is SNAPSHOT.
This makes it challenging when an URL contains a reference to the same file name, and the file names changes over time.
Which calls for name manipulating through script or similar.
Does anyone have come across this, and solved the problem?

ideafrog

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-2130 ftp uploads different filename
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 02:09:09 PM »

YES - I too now have this problem!  With my older (less than 2 years) DLink camera, it asked me what I wanted the name of the image to be, so that I could name the image - thus being able to do exactly as you have described - using it as a refreshing image on our website.

DLink - why have you made this name the images this way!!!>>>????

How can we get the images to be named the way we want??

Sidney

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 11:28:58 AM »

X-cuse me, - but have you got the motion detection working?

I have had 2 cams - with the same error, - motion detected, but nothing is recorded....

curmar

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 02:50:08 PM »

Damn, I'm going crazy trying to make the motion detection work. No luck till now.
The worst thing is that the user manual does not reflect the actual webinterface of the 2130.
Any body out there succeeded in making motion detection work and then uploading videos via ftp and sending pictures via email?

Nothing is working here, tried the latest beta firmware (1.01.03.Newrec_4) too but it wasn't of any help.

kiwi83

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 10:49:55 AM »

Hi. Did you ever figure this out? Having the same problem with one DCS-2130 I just got. My other ones got a different FTP-setup with an option to overwrite, but this one refuse to do it.. Wondering if I just have to return it and change it into the same as the others..

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 09:40:11 PM »

Hi. Did you ever figure this out? Having the same problem with one DCS-2130 I just got. My other ones got a different FTP-setup with an option to overwrite, but this one refuse to do it.. Wondering if I just have to return it and change it into the same as the others..

This option is also NOT there on 2132L, 5222L, 2230.

I've read complaints about not having this feature.

But some people have worked work arounds, but querying the camera for the image, and storing that as the latest image, but that would take some programming skillz.