• March 28, 2024, 01:31:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: USB Modem Through Router  (Read 2685 times)

Synan

• Level 1 Member
USB Modem Through Router
« on: May 02, 2010, 01:17:05 PM »

I bought a WBR-1310 at a yard sale to try making a home network. It wasn't used for internet, due to anything better than dial-up being nonexistent in my area. But I recently got fast internet through a USB modem. I installed the modem on my Windows XP desktop, which is then wired to the router. I told my desktop to share it's internet, and I had fast internet wirelessly throughout the house for a day. But the desktop kept getting messages about IP conflicts. I changed the IP address, and since then, my desktop can't acquire a network address, even after resetting the router. Is there a specific IP address I should use for the router (I don't want to change the computer's since it's sort of become the server for the network), or should I do something else?
My desktop is the only computer wired to the router, but I want it to connect several laptops wirelessly to the internet.
Thanks.