• March 28, 2024, 01:55:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: TWO YEARS AND NOTHING BUT FAIL-WARE. HOW HARD CAN IT REALLY BE? SERIOUSLY?  (Read 2247 times)

summerstormpictures

• Level 2 Member

It has now been almost two years and we are still plagued with problematic firmware.

How hard can it really be? Two years is plenty of time to solve something.

At this point, it's either the hardware that is faulty or inept firmware programming. Which is it?

In the first of two latest fails, we have had our routers hijacked to Secure Spot. D-Link would like to blame everybody but themselves and put it on the Secure Spot folks and their servers--but--what business does this feature even have being part of this router and firmware?

In the second fail, Sunday, as many time zones shifted one hour ahead for the warmer months, apparently something as simple as ''fall back'' and ''spring forward'' is much too complicated for the crack firmware development team at D-Link. What's worse, if you try to make any adjustments to the time settings page and click ''save'', the router resets itself, the settings are not saved, and the router tries to once again access the Secure Spot server.

We are getting everything we didn't ask for and nothing that we paid for.

Forget this bonehead Secure Spot and this nightmare network printing feature that evidently will never work--and fix the basics. Give us what we paid for or replace this obvious lemon.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 05:24:27 AM by summerstormpictures »

Antarctica

• Level 1 Member

Agree with you.  I did contact D-Link Support by Email but they didn't even bother to answer. ??? Not only the Firmware are lousy but where is the Support? I spend over $100.00 to buy this router 3 weeks ago and I can't even use it now.  :(

dirkpitt

• Level 3 Member

Honestly, if it had only been three weeks, I would return mine.  :-[
DIR-655 H/W A4, Firmware 1.34NAb02 beta