• April 16, 2024, 01:08:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR655 and 1.32NA drops my WiFi bridge after time out  (Read 3199 times)

DAE51D

• Level 2 Member
    • daevid
DIR655 and 1.32NA drops my WiFi bridge after time out
« on: November 13, 2009, 04:16:55 PM »

I had 1.21 (or whatever factory is) and it worked flawlessly (as we all know). Then after 1.32NA I had the internet issues until I turned off DNS and now that seems to be resolved (no pun intended). But one thing that I am noticing is that my TiVo (series 1) which uses a Linksys WET-11 802.11b bridge loses it's connection to my LAN now.

So normally the TiVo makes a 'call' every night at like 3am to get new TV guide data. But it seems that the DIR655 is somehow dropping the connection from in-activity (at least, that's my guess). Since the TiVo doesn't use the WiFi/LAN/Internet at ALL during the day with the exception of that brief 3am 'call'.

I'm wondering if there is some setting that I may have enabled/disabled that is causing this. It worked fine before. I find that if I un/plug the WET11 just before I manually tell the TiVo to make it's daily call, then it seems to work okay. But that process is getting tiresome to keep doing every day.
There are only 11 types of people in this world. Those that think binary jokes are funny, those that don't, and those that don't know binary.

jpm67

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR655 and 1.32NA drops my WiFi bridge after time out
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 09:13:48 PM »

Try this

WPA Mode:  Auto (WPA or WPA2)
Cypher Type:  AES

I had alot of trouble with one of my devices being unable to connect as well, until I made the above settings. It couldn't handle TKIP and AES after the upgrade. If your device doesn't support those settings, try just TKIP.

You might also try creating a guest network with WEP as a last resort.

DAE51D

• Level 2 Member
    • daevid
Re: DIR655 and 1.32NA drops my WiFi bridge after time out
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 02:45:00 PM »

The linksys bridge does not have WPA. Only WEP. it's old. an 802.11b as mentioned. I only need it to connect to the TiVo service and get the new guide data every night, nothing more, nothing less.

Again, this worked flawlessly until the upgrade.
There are only 11 types of people in this world. Those that think binary jokes are funny, those that don't, and those that don't know binary.