• March 18, 2024, 10:18:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: D-ViewCam - Wishlist  (Read 319638 times)

RooKiED

• Level 2 Member
Re: D-ViewCam - Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2012, 07:19:46 AM »

I'll try to be clearer about this bug. I hope it helps and someone confirms it.
It's been happening to me in all released versions since DViewcam version 3.0 (first one I tried). I have Windows 7 64bit, DCS-2121s and my Dviewcam is configured to play the audio from one of the channels.
I figured I had two different experiences:
1) Particuarly in my last install, when I start the machine, DViewcam starts minimized and the warning "primary disk for both the OS and Dviewcam storage (...)" comes up. Accepting this message stops the audio.
2) On previous installs, I had set up DViewcam storage on a secondary HDD so that message did not come up, instead, in order to stop the audio I had to open the main console and minimize it again.

It's like the audio plays while DViewcam is in the background since windows starts, whenever you focus on the Main Console and minimize it again to the tray then the audio stops as it should. I think the Main Console does not start in the background entirely correctly.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2012, 08:24:47 AM »

Again. . . .
Can another user confirm/replicate this bug?  ???

I'll try to be clearer about this bug. I hope it helps and someone confirms it.
It's been happening to me in all released versions since DViewcam version 3.0 (first one I tried). I have Windows 7 64bit, DCS-2121s and my Dviewcam is configured to play the audio from one of the channels.
I figured I had two different experiences:
1) Particuarly in my last install, when I start the machine, DViewcam starts minimized and the warning "primary disk for both the OS and Dviewcam storage (...)" comes up. Accepting this message stops the audio.
2) On previous installs, I had set up DViewcam storage on a secondary HDD so that message did not come up, instead, in order to stop the audio I had to open the main console and minimize it again.

It's like the audio plays while DViewcam is in the background since windows starts, whenever you focus on the Main Console and minimize it again to the tray then the audio stops as it should. I think the Main Console does not start in the background entirely correctly.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2012, 05:23:12 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in blue. Items addressed on the latest software release are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest software release, please post and I'll update!

D-ViewCam Wishlist

• Bug - "Low on diskspace" error occurs when running 24/7 scheduled recording on multiple cameras (regardless of threshold settings or actual available storage)
  • General - Logging (and searchable) camera-specific I/O device events/dates
  • General - ONVIF support (for non-D-Link networked cameras)
  • General - Option to enable real time event notification (i.e. rather than the current time lag between event and system notification)
  • General - Release a Macintosh compatible version of D-ViewCam
  • General - Remove the minimum resolution requirement (1024x768)
  • Bug - "Exceed the Playback maximum channels" error message displays when using integrated support for 4 cameras
  • General - Remove requirement to disable UAC in order to use Console
  • General - Windows Home Server 2011 Support
  • General - In playback mode, add ability to recall last searched date in the calendar (currently each time the "Browse Recordings" dialog is opened the calendar defaults to the present day)
  • View - Add Main Console widescreen support to accommodate 16:9 aspect ratio monitors (i.e. and avoid black letter boxing)
  • View - Add savable viewing options for each camera (i.e. Stretch, Fill, Fit) to to compensate for different camera/monitor aspect ratios
  • View - In playback mode, set the default view to 1x1 grid camera view (instead of the default 4x4 grid camera view (D-ViewCam currently supports playback of one concurrent recording, so the 4x4 grid serves no function)
  • View - Add ability to set the D-ViewCam full screen view as the Windows desktop background (i.e. live wallpaper), rather than a static image
  • Bug - Although the installer uninstalls the previous version, the application maintains all previous settings and cameras
  • Bug - Although the application supports playback for one or four local cameras, the "Exceed the Playback maximum channels" error-message persists]
  • Bug - Video deletion via backup does not purge the Record.log timing-info (i.e. activity bar in selection remains, but without recorded video). D-ViewCam v3.11 cleaned this file correctly following a backup/delete event
  • Bug - Video deletion does not purge empty folders when nothing is left (i.e. old recording dates). D-ViewCam v3.11 correctly addressed this issue
  • Bug - Playback.exe coredumps after high number of load-play actions within one session (le.g. loading 30 minutes; viewing that; and then getting next 30 minutes, and so on), roughly about 10 cycles [Memory leak?]
  • General - Provide a means to disable the pop-up dialog box providing an optimization-hint of using the OS HDD for primary storage
  • Bug - Backup (not Export) provides feedback of files copied into Backup-set, including required OK-press at end. Not very fast, and not suppressible
  • Backup - (and Playback-) Time-period selection now allows only 7 days max period. Was 30 days in D-viewCam3.11
  • Bug - With a large amount of free space left (hundreds of GB) it complains of lack of space, cleans up most stored recording data and stops scheduler. Happens on multiple boxes, mostly only once after upgrade, but is very annoying
  • Bug - UAC is required to be off before Console can be run, even though all data-paths are personalized to acceptable locations. Workaround is to run it in a VM environment where UAC can be off
  • Bug - Events (like signal lost) are not presented in the timeline

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank you!)

• TBD

Videomann

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2012, 05:07:30 AM »

My wish: Using audio from soundcard (microphone jack) for all ip cameras at live preview and recording instead of the audio input from particular ip camera.
Explanation: We are using external microphones and an audio mixer for our sound source. This source should be used for all ip cameras.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2012, 06:06:05 AM »

My wish: Using audio from soundcard (microphone jack) for all ip cameras at live preview and recording instead of the audio input from particular ip camera.
Explanation: We are using external microphones and an audio mixer for our sound source. This source should be used for all ip cameras.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2012, 06:10:35 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in blue. Items addressed on the latest software release are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest software release, please post and I'll update!

D-ViewCam Wishlist

• Bug - "Low on diskspace" error occurs when running 24/7 scheduled recording on multiple cameras (regardless of threshold settings or actual available storage)
  • General - Option to enable real time event notification (i.e. rather than the current time lag between event and system notification)
  • Bug - "Exceed the Playback maximum channels" error message displays when using integrated support for 4 cameras
  • Audio - Option to use PC audio source for all IP cameras during live preview and recording (rather than IP camera audio sources)
  • General - In playback mode, add ability to recall last searched date in the calendar (currently each time the "Browse Recordings" dialog is opened the calendar defaults to the present day)
  • View - Add Main Console widescreen support to accommodate 16:9 aspect ratio monitors (i.e. and avoid black letter boxing)
  • View - Add savable viewing options for each camera (i.e. Stretch, Fill, Fit) to to compensate for different camera/monitor aspect ratios
  • View - In playback mode, set the default view to 1x1 grid camera view (instead of the default 4x4 grid camera view (D-ViewCam currently supports playback of one concurrent recording, so the 4x4 grid serves no function)
  • View - Add ability to set the D-ViewCam full screen view as the Windows desktop background (i.e. live wallpaper), rather than a static image
  • Bug - Although the installer uninstalls the previous version, the application maintains all previous settings and cameras
  • Bug - Although the application supports playback for one or four local cameras, the "Exceed the Playback maximum channels" error-message persists]
  • Bug - Video deletion via backup does not purge the Record.log timing-info (i.e. activity bar in selection remains, but without recorded video). D-ViewCam v3.11 cleaned this file correctly following a backup/delete event
  • Bug - Video deletion does not purge empty folders when nothing is left (i.e. old recording dates). D-ViewCam v3.11 correctly addressed this issue
  • Bug - Playback.exe coredumps after high number of load-play actions within one session (le.g. loading 30 minutes; viewing that; and then getting next 30 minutes, and so on), roughly about 10 cycles [Memory leak?]
  • General - Provide a means to disable the pop-up dialog box providing an optimization-hint of using the OS HDD for primary storage
  • Bug - Backup (not Export) provides feedback of files copied into Backup-set, including required OK-press at end. Not very fast, and not suppressible
  • Backup - (and Playback-) Time-period selection now allows only 7 days max period. Was 30 days in D-viewCam3.11
  • Bug - With a large amount of free space left (hundreds of GB) it complains of lack of space, cleans up most stored recording data and stops scheduler. Happens on multiple boxes, mostly only once after upgrade, but is very annoying
  • Bug - UAC is required to be off before Console can be run, even though all data-paths are personalized to acceptable locations. Workaround is to run it in a VM environment where UAC can be off

• TBD

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2012, 11:44:39 AM »

D-ViewCam Wishlist

• Audio - Option to use PC audio source for all IP cameras during live preview and recording (rather than IP camera audio sources)
  • Backup - (and Playback-) Time-period selection now allows only 7 days max period. Was 30 days in D-viewCam v3.11

• TBD

RooKiED

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2012, 02:45:12 PM »

Add android/mobile phone web support (or release android software) to access Remote Live view and Remote Playback from DViewCam server through your mobile phone/tablet.
Access to these services is currently limited to (I think) windows/ie PCs.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 04:36:16 PM by RooKiED »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2012, 05:24:03 AM »

Add android/mobile phone web support (or release android software) to access Remote Live view and Remote Playback from DViewCam server through your mobile phone/tablet.
Access to these services is currently limited to (I think) windows/ie PCs.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2012, 05:26:05 AM »

D-ViewCam Wishlist

• General - Mobile device (Android, smartphone, tablet) access to Remove Live view and Remote Playback from D-ViewCam server
  • Backup - (and Playback-) Time-period selection now allows only 7 days max period. Was 30 days in D-viewCam v3.11

• TBD

jeffjohn

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2012, 02:44:33 AM »

For my personal security system, I would like a provision for Duplex sound.  i.e. speaker activation at remote camera.  I use DCS-5300Ws.  thanks Jeff

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2012, 04:46:59 AM »

For my personal security system, I would like a provision for Duplex sound.  i.e. speaker activation at remote camera.  I use DCS-5300Ws.  thanks Jeff

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2012, 04:48:30 AM »

D-ViewCam Wishlist

• General - Mobile device (Android, smartphone, tablet) access to Remove Live view and Remote Playback from D-ViewCam server
  • Audio - Support for duplex sound (i.e. speaker activation on the remote camera)

• TBD

RooKiED

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2012, 07:50:55 AM »

I've been testing DViewcam 3.3.

BUGS
•Remote live viewer is not accessible ("Internet explorer stopped working" message appears when login dialog box is supposed to appear. Tried on 3 different 'client' machines with IE9 Win7x64). Remote Playback does work perfectly.

FIXED - Please keep it up ;)
•General - In playback mode, add ability to recall last searched date in the calendar (currently each time the "Browse Recordings" dialog is opened the calendar defaults to the present day)
•General - Provide a means to disable the pop-up dialog box providing an optimization-hint of using the OS HDD for primary storage
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 07:54:38 AM by RooKiED »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2012, 04:21:18 AM »

I've been testing DViewcam 3.3.

BUGS
•Remote live viewer is not accessible ("Internet explorer stopped working" message appears when login dialog box is supposed to appear. Tried on 3 different 'client' machines with IE9 Win7x64). Remote Playback does work perfectly.

FIXED - Please keep it up ;)
•General - In playback mode, add ability to recall last searched date in the calendar (currently each time the "Browse Recordings" dialog is opened the calendar defaults to the present day)
•General - Provide a means to disable the pop-up dialog box providing an optimization-hint of using the OS HDD for primary storage

Thanks for the additions and bug fix updates!  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8