• March 19, 2024, 02:36:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: D-ViewCam - Wishlist  (Read 319651 times)

RooKiED

• Level 2 Member
Re: D-ViewCam - Wishlist
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2012, 11:52:18 AM »

- Bug:
"Display setting has been changed and system will be restarted now. Yes / No" --> This message appears whenever you run a program in fullscreen (a 3D game for example) with a different resolution than the desktop resolution which is quite common. It looks as if the DviewCam software detected the screen resolution change and considered this change to be permanent, that's why it asks for a reboot. Clicking "No" makes the message go away and the program keeps running perfectly, clicking "yes" reboots the machine, however, doesn't change anything apparently. Coding problems?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2012, 05:13:51 AM »

- Bug:
"Display setting has been changed and system will be restarted now. Yes / No" --> This message appears whenever you run a program in fullscreen (a 3D game for example) with a different resolution than the desktop resolution which is quite common. It looks as if the DviewCam software detected the screen resolution change and considered this change to be permanent, that's why it asks for a reboot. Clicking "No" makes the message go away and the program keeps running perfectly, clicking "yes" reboots the machine, however, doesn't change anything apparently. Coding problems?

Added...  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2012, 05:15:18 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in blue. Items addressed on the latest software release are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest software release, please post and I'll update!

D-ViewCam Wishlist

• General - Availability of playback controls (fixed or fadeout) while in fullscreen playback mode (i.e. playback controls are only accessible after exiting fullscreen mode)
  • General - Mobile device (Android, smartphone, tablet) access to Remove Live view and Remote Playback from D-ViewCam server
  • General - Option to enable real time event notification (i.e. rather than the current time lag between event and system notification)
  • General - Option to re-size the tile size for individual views when multiple cameras are in use (i.e. permit each camera to have a user defined tile size)
  • General - Release a Macintosh compatible version of D-ViewCam
  • General - Remove the minimum resolution requirement (1024x768)
  • General - Remove requirement to disable UAC in order to use Console
  • General - Windows Home Server 2011 Support
  • Audio - Option to use PC audio source for all IP cameras during live preview and recording (rather than IP camera audio sources)
  • Backup - (and Playback-) Time-period selection now allows only 7 days max period. Was 30 days in D-viewCam v3.11
  • Codec - [Bug] G711 audio codec does not function properly during live streams and recordings playback (i.e. persistent noise and audio is near incomprehensible (However, G726 works flawlessly)
  • Codec - Reduce encoding times
  • Codec - Support for additional codecs (xvid, h264, mpeg4) and file formats (mp4, mkv, flv) for exporting video files
  • Events - Add action 'visit website url' (e.g. visit PHP file on external server, would enable the execution of any script/alarm from any location)
  • Events - Add Event: if (selectable source: PIR or software) movement is not detected during a scheduled (e.g daily) time frame, then trigger alarm/action (This functionality would benefit nannies/babysitters, employee monitoring, etc.)
  • Events - User definable network disconnect time required to trigger the "Camera not connected" alarm/action (i.e. if the alarm is enabled, a 1 to 10 second network interruption unecessarily triggers the alarm/action, reducing the usefulness of this event)
  • Logging - Configure all logged events to be searchable and viewable on the timeline (in playback mode)
  • Logging - Option to log all events (e.g. DI triggers, DO triggers, IR light on/off, connection drops, PIR motion detection)
  • Logging - Option to exclude logging/tracking motion detection events if cameras are configured with a scheduled 24/7 recording profile (rather than recording triggered by motion detection)
  • Motion Detection - Option to use integrated PIR on camera rather than the D-ViewCam software-based motion detection solution
  • Visual - [Bug] Web Live view and Remote Playback cameras config do not match D-ViewCam main console configuration (e.g. OSD labels are always ON each time any web services are accessed)
  • Visual - Add option to configure, save, and automatically recall settings (i.e. for playback mode) for "stretch","fill", and "fit" for each camera (i.e. this functionality will address current aspect ratio issues)
  • Visual - Update GUI design with modern look-and-feel and native support for 16:9 widescreen monitors
  • Visual - In playback mode, set the default view to 1x1 grid camera view (instead of the default 4x4 grid camera view (D-ViewCam currently supports playback of one concurrent recording, so the 4x4 grid serves no function)
  • Visual - Add ability to set the D-ViewCam full screen view as the Windows desktop background (i.e. live wallpaper), rather than a static image
  • Bug - Ability to select different recroding/playback channels for each camera does not work (i.e. "Channel" field in camera config is fixed with the value "1", and does not offer additioanl functionality if checked/unchecked, does not show additional options regardless of the number of channels, available codecs, or selected resolutions)
  • Bug - Remote live viewer is not accessible ("Internet explorer stopped working" message displays instead of login (Remote playback function normally)
  • Bug - "Exceed the Playback maximum channels" error message displays when using integrated support for 4 cameras
  • Bug - "Low on diskspace" error occurs when running 24/7 scheduled recording on multiple cameras (regardless of threshold settings or actual available storage)
  • Bug - Although the application supports playback for one or four local cameras, the "Exceed the Playback maximum channels" error-message persists]
  • Bug - Although the installer uninstalls the previous version, the application maintains all previous settings and cameras
  • Bug - Backup (not Export) provides feedback of files copied into Backup-set, including required OK-press at end. Not very fast, and not suppressible
  • Bug - Events (like signal lost) are not presented in the timeline
  • Bug - Playback.exe coredumps after high number of load-play actions within one session (le.g. loading 30 minutes; viewing that; and then getting next 30 minutes, and so on), roughly about 10 cycles [Memory leak?]
  • Bug - UAC is required to be off before Console can be run, even though all data-paths are personalized to acceptable locations. Workaround is to run it in a VM environment where UAC can be off
  • Bug - Video deletion does not purge empty folders when nothing is left (i.e. old recording dates). D-ViewCam v3.11 correctly addressed this issue
  • Bug - Video deletion via backup does not purge the Record.log timing-info (i.e. activity bar in selection remains, but without recorded video). D-ViewCam v3.11 cleaned this file correctly following a backup/delete event
  • Bug - When another application is launched that uses a screen resolution that differs from the desktop resolution the following message displays, "Display setting has been changed and system will be restarted now. [Yes] [No]". If "No" is selected, the message closes and D-ViewCam runs without issue. If "Yes" is selected, the PC reboots, but no changes are apparent.
  • Bug - With a large amount of free space left (hundreds of GB) it complains of lack of space, cleans up most stored recording data and stops scheduler. Happens on multiple boxes, mostly only once after upgrade, but is very annoying
  • When Windows process "Explorer" crashes and restarts, the D-ViewCam system tray icon disappears and cannot be restarted. When this occurs, the D-ViewCam MainConsole process is running  the background, but is not accessible.  Attempting to launch console.exe results in a message indicating that the process is already running and cannot be launched

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank you!)

• Audio - Support for duplex sound (i.e. speaker activation on the remote camera) [FIXED!]
  • General - ONVIF support (for non-D-Link networked cameras) [FIXED!]
  • General - Provide a means to disable the pop-up dialog box providing an optimization-hint of using the OS HDD for primary storage [FIXED!]
  • General - In playback mode, add ability to recall last searched date in the calendar (currently each time the "Browse Recordings" dialog is opened the calendar defaults to the present day) [FIXED!]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2012, 09:48:55 AM »

Does the latest version of D-ViewCam fix any issues on this wishlist? If the answer is "yes", please post your findings here!

RooKiED

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2012, 02:42:33 PM »

Three more wishes:

- option to disable D-ViewCam login authentication requirement locally. I mean, if you are the only user that has physical access to your computer you simply don't want to input the password every time you restore D-ViewCam from the minimized state. The authentication should still be required to access the program externally (Remote Live view and Remote Playback and all the web services) for security purposes.

- Be able to hear sound from more than one camera at the same time.

I hope I'm clear about this one. It's useful when your cameras are not within your lan but connected to a D-ViewCam server through the internet instead:
- rtsp stream urls provided by D-ViewCam available to access the cameras that are being monitored by D-ViewCam. Remote access to these would use the server bandwith (and not the bandwith from where each camera is hosted which results in a split and therefore reduced bandwith [that may end up affecting video quality/fps] to both the D-viewCam server [that is always monitoring/recording] and the client accessing the camera rtsp stream client).
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 10:09:18 PM by RooKiED »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2012, 11:02:56 AM »

Three more wishes:

- option to disable D-ViewCam login authentication requirement locally. I mean, if you are the only user that has physical access to your computer you simply don't want to input the password every time you restore D-ViewCam from the minimized state. The authentication should still be required to access the program externally (Remote Live view and Remote Playback and all the web services) for security purposes.

- Be able to hear sound from more than one camera at the same time.

I hope I'm clear about this one. It's useful when your cameras are not within your lan but connected to a D-ViewCam server through the internet instead:
- rtsp stream urls provided by D-ViewCam available to access the cameras that are being monitored by D-ViewCam. Remote access to these would use the server bandwith (and not the bandwith from where each camera is hosted which results in a split and therefore reduced bandwith [that may end up affecting video quality/fps] to both the D-viewCam server [that is always monitoring/recording] and the client accessing the camera rtsp stream client).

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2012, 11:04:09 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in blue. Items addressed on the latest software release are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest software release, please post and I'll update!

D-ViewCam Wishlist

• General - Availability of playback controls (fixed or fadeout) while in fullscreen playback mode (i.e. playback controls are only accessible after exiting fullscreen mode)
  • General - Enable D-ViewCam to provide RTSP stream URLs to access monitored cameras (This approach would use server bandwidth rather than the local bandwidth of each client camera, improving overal quality of service)
  • General - Mobile device (Android, smartphone, tablet) access to Remove Live view and Remote Playback from D-ViewCam server
  • General - Option to disable D-ViewCam login authentication for local access (i.e. from the client PC on which the D-ViewCam application is installed)
  • General - Option to enable real time event notification (i.e. rather than the current time lag between event and system notification)
  • General - Option to re-size the tile size for individual views when multiple cameras are in use (i.e. permit each camera to have a user defined tile size)
  • Audio - Option to use PC audio source for all IP cameras during live preview and recording (rather than IP camera audio sources)
  • Audio - Support for concurrent audio streams from two or more connected cameras
  • Backup - (and Playback-) Time-period selection now allows only 7 days max period. Was 30 days in D-viewCam v3.11
  • Codec - [Bug] G711 audio codec does not function properly during live streams and recordings playback (i.e. persistent noise and audio is near incomprehensible (However, G726 works flawlessly)
  • Codec - Support for additional codecs (xvid, h264, mpeg4) and file formats (mp4, mkv, flv) for exporting video files
  • Events - Add action 'visit website url' (e.g. visit PHP file on external server, would enable the execution of any script/alarm from any location)
  • Events - Add Event: if (selectable source: PIR or software) movement is not detected during a scheduled (e.g daily) time frame, then trigger alarm/action (This functionality would benefit nannies/babysitters, employee monitoring, etc.)
  • Events - User definable network disconnect time required to trigger the "Camera not connected" alarm/action (i.e. if the alarm is enabled, a 1 to 10 second network interruption unecessarily triggers the alarm/action, reducing the usefulness of this event)
  • Logging - Configure all logged events to be searchable and viewable on the timeline (in playback mode)
  • Logging - Option to log all events (e.g. DI triggers, DO triggers, IR light on/off, connection drops, PIR motion detection)
  • Logging - Option to exclude logging/tracking motion detection events if cameras are configured with a scheduled 24/7 recording profile (rather than recording triggered by motion detection)
  • Motion Detection - Option to use integrated PIR on camera rather than the D-ViewCam software-based motion detection solution
  • Visual - [Bug] Web Live view and Remote Playback cameras config do not match D-ViewCam main console configuration (e.g. OSD labels are always ON each time any web services are accessed)
  • Visual - Add option to configure, save, and automatically recall settings (i.e. for playback mode) for "stretch","fill", and "fit" for each camera (i.e. this functionality will address current aspect ratio issues)
  • Visual - Update GUI design with modern look-and-feel and native support for 16:9 widescreen monitors
  • Visual - In playback mode, set the default view to 1x1 grid camera view (instead of the default 4x4 grid camera view (D-ViewCam currently supports playback of one concurrent recording, so the 4x4 grid serves no function)
  • Visual - Add ability to set the D-ViewCam full screen view as the Windows desktop background (i.e. live wallpaper), rather than a static image
  • Bug - Ability to select different recroding/playback channels for each camera does not work (i.e. "Channel" field in camera config is fixed with the value "1", and does not offer additioanl functionality if checked/unchecked, does not show additional options regardless of the number of channels, available codecs, or selected resolutions)
  • Bug - Remote live viewer is not accessible ("Internet explorer stopped working" message displays instead of login (Remote playback function normally)
  • Bug - "Exceed the Playback maximum channels" error message displays when using integrated support for 4 cameras
  • Bug - "Low on diskspace" error occurs when running 24/7 scheduled recording on multiple cameras (regardless of threshold settings or actual available storage)
  • Bug - Although the application supports playback for one or four local cameras, the "Exceed the Playback maximum channels" error-message persists]
  • Bug - Although the installer uninstalls the previous version, the application maintains all previous settings and cameras
  • Bug - Backup (not Export) provides feedback of files copied into Backup-set, including required OK-press at end. Not very fast, and not suppressible
  • Bug - Playback.exe coredumps after high number of load-play actions within one session (le.g. loading 30 minutes; viewing that; and then getting next 30 minutes, and so on), roughly about 10 cycles [Memory leak?]
  • Bug - UAC is required to be off before Console can be run, even though all data-paths are personalized to acceptable locations. Workaround is to run it in a VM environment where UAC can be off
  • Bug - Video deletion does not purge empty folders when nothing is left (i.e. old recording dates). D-ViewCam v3.11 correctly addressed this issue
  • Bug - Video deletion via backup does not purge the Record.log timing-info (i.e. activity bar in selection remains, but without recorded video). D-ViewCam v3.11 cleaned this file correctly following a backup/delete event
  • Bug - When another application is launched that uses a screen resolution that differs from the desktop resolution the following message displays, "Display setting has been changed and system will be restarted now. [Yes] [No]". If "No" is selected, the message closes and D-ViewCam runs without issue. If "Yes" is selected, the PC reboots, but no changes are apparent.
  • Bug - With a large amount of free space left (hundreds of GB) it complains of lack of space, cleans up most stored recording data and stops scheduler. Happens on multiple boxes, mostly only once after upgrade, but is very annoying
  • When Windows process "Explorer" crashes and restarts, the D-ViewCam system tray icon disappears and cannot be restarted. When this occurs, the D-ViewCam MainConsole process is running  the background, but is not accessible.  Attempting to launch console.exe results in a message indicating that the process is already running and cannot be launched

• Audio - Support for duplex sound (i.e. speaker activation on the remote camera) [FIXED!]
  • General - Provide a means to disable the pop-up dialog box providing an optimization-hint of using the OS HDD for primary storage [FIXED!]
  • General - In playback mode, add ability to recall last searched date in the calendar (currently each time the "Browse Recordings" dialog is opened the calendar defaults to the present day) [FIXED!]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2012, 11:23:11 AM »

D-Link recently published version 1.4.3.1 of the D-ViewCam Device Pack for worldwide (WW) distribution. To download the software, please visit D-Link Taiwan and select DCS-100 and open the link labeled Software: D-ViewCam Device Pack v1.4.3 (for WW)

Updates:

• Add camera: DCS-2332L
  • Fixed DCS-2132L would cause D-ViewCam shut down issue
  • Fixed live view bug for DCS-930/932L/930L/910/920 (DBG12060162)

RooKiED

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2012, 09:46:41 AM »

D-Link recently published version 1.4.3.1 of the D-ViewCam Device Pack for worldwide (WW) distribution. To download the software, please visit D-Link Taiwan and select DCS-100 and open the link labeled Software: D-ViewCam Device Pack v1.4.3 (for WW)

Updates:

• Add camera: DCS-2332L
  • Fixed DCS-2132L would cause D-ViewCam shut down issue
  • Fixed live view bug for DCS-930/932L/930L/910/920 (DBG12060162)

This new Device Pack v1.4.3.1 fixed the following bug, it's not happening any more and working alright.
•Bug - Remote live viewer is not accessible ("Internet explorer stopped working" message displays instead of login (Remote playback function normally)

It's a pity you can watch only one cam at a time though.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2012, 08:34:58 AM »

This new Device Pack v1.4.3.1 fixed the following bug, it's not happening any more and working alright.
•Bug - Remote live viewer is not accessible ("Internet explorer stopped working" message displays instead of login (Remote playback function normally)

It's a pity you can watch only one cam at a time though.

Thanks! Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2012, 08:42:02 AM »

D-ViewCam Wishlist

• General - Enable D-ViewCam to provide RTSP stream URLs to access monitored cameras (This approach would use server bandwidth rather than the local bandwidth of each client camera, improving overal quality of service)
  • General - Option to disable D-ViewCam login authentication for local access (i.e. from the client PC on which the D-ViewCam application is installed)
  • Audio - Support for concurrent audio streams from two or more connected cameras

• Bug - Remote live viewer is not accessible ("Internet explorer stopped working" message displays instead of login (Remote playback function normally) [FIXED!]

RooKiED

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2012, 06:30:44 AM »

- If you setup a scheduled maintenance reboot (eg daily at 00 hours) the PC reboots even if you are working on it at that time. You could potentially lose your work when the reboot is triggered.
The reboot should be aborted or rescheduled (30 minutes?) if the PC has not been idle for let's say the last 10 minutes previous to the reboot time.
Although you're supposed to schedule a reboot time for a certain hour when you are not expected to be using the computer, it can get you by surprise occasionally and the consequences can be dramatic.

- Make the web services (web live view and remote playback) compatible with other popular browsers (Google Chrome, Firefox). They're only working on IE.

It's a pity we did not report DV version for each entry, especially for the bugs; that would have been helpful. The lack of feedback from the developer/s made the list very long and untidy and it's highly probable that the older entries were addressed in previous released versions. Maybe the list would be better if ordered according to the date and time the entries were added and keep the fixed ones crossed out on the same list, I don't know. But yeah, it could be a pain in the ass to rearrange them in this order... nevermind.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 07:30:50 PM by RooKiED »

RooKiED

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2013, 08:23:02 PM »

- Bug (D-ViewCam v3.3, v3.2 and probably older versions)
After a certain amount of time, let's say 24, 48 hs or so D-ViewCam stops receiving audio from 1 or + cameras (happened to me with several models; the cameras are not the problem and can be verified accessing them through the web). This is a big issue because until you restart the program, sound from that camera/s is obviously not recorded.
To avoid this one affect you big time, D-ViewCam lets you schedule an autoreboot of the machine every 24hs, that's what I did.

- Wish, related to the above bug
It would be nice to be able to schedule an autorestart of the program D-ViewCam itself (as of D-ViewCam v3.3 you can schedule an autoreboot of the computer but in a lot of cases that is unnecessary and lessens the life span of the hardware).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 08:35:19 PM by RooKiED »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2013, 05:32:03 AM »

- If you setup a scheduled maintenance reboot (eg daily at 00 hours) the PC reboots even if you are working on it at that time. You could potentially lose your work when the reboot is triggered.
The reboot should be aborted or rescheduled (30 minutes?) if the PC has not been idle for let's say the last 10 minutes previous to the reboot time.
Although you're supposed to schedule a reboot time for a certain hour when you are not expected to be using the computer, it can get you by surprise occasionally and the consequences can be dramatic.

- Make the web services (web live view and remote playback) compatible with other popular browsers (Google Chrome, Firefox). They're only working on IE.

Added...

It's a pity we did not report DV version for each entry, especially for the bugs; that would have been helpful. The lack of feedback from the developer/s made the list very long and untidy and it's highly probable that the older entries were addressed in previous released versions. Maybe the list would be better if ordered according to the date and time the entries were added and keep the fixed ones crossed out on the same list, I don't know. But yeah, it could be a pain in the ass to rearrange them in this order... nevermind.

Thought about doing this with other D-Link devices, but the list got so long that with chronological order sorting it was impossible to determine if something was already on the list without reading through every line item.  categorized listing made more sense.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2013, 05:32:15 AM »

- Bug (D-ViewCam v3.3, v3.2 and probably older versions)
After a certain amount of time, let's say 24, 48 hs or so D-ViewCam stops receiving audio from 1 or + cameras (happened to me with several models; the cameras are not the problem and can be verified accessing them through the web). This is a big issue because until you restart the program, sound from that camera/s is obviously not recorded.
To avoid this one affect you big time, D-ViewCam lets you schedule an autoreboot of the machine every 24hs, that's what I did.

- Wish, related to the above bug
It would be nice to be able to schedule an autorestart of the program D-ViewCam itself (as of D-ViewCam v3.3 you can schedule an autoreboot of the computer but in a lot of cases that is unnecessary and lessens the life span of the hardware).

Added...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8