• March 18, 2024, 10:29:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: D-ViewCam - Wishlist  (Read 319638 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: D-ViewCam - Wishlist
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2012, 04:26:12 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in blue. Items addressed on the latest software release are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest software release, please post and I'll update!

D-ViewCam Wishlist

• General - Logging (and searchable) camera-specific I/O device events/dates
  • General - Mobile device (Android, smartphone, tablet) access to Remove Live view and Remote Playback from D-ViewCam server
  • General - ONVIF support (for non-D-Link networked cameras)
  • General - Option to enable real time event notification (i.e. rather than the current time lag between event and system notification)
  • General - Release a Macintosh compatible version of D-ViewCam
  • General - Remove the minimum resolution requirement (1024x768)
  • General - Remove requirement to disable UAC in order to use Console
  • General - Windows Home Server 2011 Support
  • Audio - Option to use PC audio source for all IP cameras during live preview and recording (rather than IP camera audio sources)
  • Audio - Support for duplex sound (i.e. speaker activation on the remote camera)
  • Backup - (and Playback-) Time-period selection now allows only 7 days max period. Was 30 days in D-viewCam v3.11
  • View - Add Main Console widescreen support to accommodate 16:9 aspect ratio monitors (i.e. and avoid black letter boxing)
  • View - Add savable viewing options for each camera (i.e. Stretch, Fill, Fit) to to compensate for different camera/monitor aspect ratios
  • View - In playback mode, set the default view to 1x1 grid camera view (instead of the default 4x4 grid camera view (D-ViewCam currently supports playback of one concurrent recording, so the 4x4 grid serves no function)
  • View - Add ability to set the D-ViewCam full screen view as the Windows desktop background (i.e. live wallpaper), rather than a static image
  • Bug - Remote live viewer is not accessible ("Internet explorer stopped working" message displays instead of login (Remote playback function normally)
  • Bug - "Exceed the Playback maximum channels" error message displays when using integrated support for 4 cameras
  • Bug - "Low on diskspace" error occurs when running 24/7 scheduled recording on multiple cameras (regardless of threshold settings or actual available storage)
  • Bug - Although the application supports playback for one or four local cameras, the "Exceed the Playback maximum channels" error-message persists]
  • Bug - Although the installer uninstalls the previous version, the application maintains all previous settings and cameras
  • Bug - Backup (not Export) provides feedback of files copied into Backup-set, including required OK-press at end. Not very fast, and not suppressible
  • Bug - Events (like signal lost) are not presented in the timeline
  • Bug - Playback.exe coredumps after high number of load-play actions within one session (le.g. loading 30 minutes; viewing that; and then getting next 30 minutes, and so on), roughly about 10 cycles [Memory leak?]
  • Bug - UAC is required to be off before Console can be run, even though all data-paths are personalized to acceptable locations. Workaround is to run it in a VM environment where UAC can be off
  • Bug - Video deletion does not purge empty folders when nothing is left (i.e. old recording dates). D-ViewCam v3.11 correctly addressed this issue
  • Bug - Video deletion via backup does not purge the Record.log timing-info (i.e. activity bar in selection remains, but without recorded video). D-ViewCam v3.11 cleaned this file correctly following a backup/delete event
  • Bug - With a large amount of free space left (hundreds of GB) it complains of lack of space, cleans up most stored recording data and stops scheduler. Happens on multiple boxes, mostly only once after upgrade, but is very annoying

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank you!)

• General - Provide a means to disable the pop-up dialog box providing an optimization-hint of using the OS HDD for primary storage [FIXED!]
  • General - In playback mode, add ability to recall last searched date in the calendar (currently each time the "Browse Recordings" dialog is opened the calendar defaults to the present day) [FIXED!]
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

RooKiED

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2012, 12:14:49 PM »

Bug:
Be able to choose between the different recording/playback channels when configuring each camera. Inside DViewcam camera config there's a label "Channel" with a selectbox showing "1" but doesn't change anything if ticked or not, it doesn't show any more options no matter how many channels, what codecs and resolutions you had set up. DViewCam always uses the channel 1 of any camera.

Wish:
Automatically fading out or at least normal control buttons in fullscreen when in playback mode. You have to quit full screen to pause play stop forward or take any action right now.

Wish:
•General - Logging (and searchable) camera-specific I/O device events/dates
Also log IR light cut filter automatic triggers.

Fixed?
•Audio - Support for duplex sound (i.e. speaker activation on the remote camera)
I 'm not sure how old this entry is, I own a DCS-2230 with a built in speaker. In Dviewcam you can enable it and talk through the microphone and disable it when done, and I'm pretty sure its the same with the other cameras that have sound output (even if not having a speaker built in, like the DCS-2130). It's working perfectly with DViewcam.
Possibly fixed, needs testing:

•General - ONVIF support (for non-D-Link networked cameras)
There's now an option to add ONVIF compatible cameras apart from DLink manufactured cameras. I don't have any besides DLink ones so can't confirm if working.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 01:10:54 PM by RooKiED »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2012, 05:11:39 AM »

Bug:
Be able to choose between the different recording/playback channels when configuring each camera. Inside DViewcam camera config there's a label "Channel" with a selectbox showing "1" but doesn't change anything if ticked or not, it doesn't show any more options no matter how many channels, what codecs and resolutions you had set up. DViewCam always uses the channel 1 of any camera.

Wish:
Automatically fading out or at least normal control buttons in fullscreen when in playback mode. You have to quit full screen to pause play stop forward or take any action right now.

Wish:
•General - Logging (and searchable) camera-specific I/O device events/dates
Also log IR light cut filter automatic triggers.

Fixed?
•Audio - Support for duplex sound (i.e. speaker activation on the remote camera)
I 'm not sure how old this entry is, I own a DCS-2230 with a built in speaker. In Dviewcam you can enable it and talk through the microphone and disable it when done, and I'm pretty sure its the same with the other cameras that have sound output (even if not having a speaker built in, like the DCS-2130). It's working perfectly with DViewcam.
Possibly fixed, needs testing:

•General - ONVIF support (for non-D-Link networked cameras)
There's now an option to add ONVIF compatible cameras apart from DLink manufactured cameras. I don't have any besides DLink ones so can't confirm if working.

Added...
(I'll make the assumption that the last two items are fixed unless someone says otherwise.  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2012, 05:13:22 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in blue. Items addressed on the latest software release are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest software release, please post and I'll update!

D-ViewCam Wishlist

• General - Availability of playback controls (fixed or fadeout) while in fullscreen playback mode (i.e. playback controls are only accessible after exiting fullscreen mode)
  • General - Logging (and searchable) camera-specific I/O device events/dates and IR light cut filter automatic triggers.
  • General - Mobile device (Android, smartphone, tablet) access to Remove Live view and Remote Playback from D-ViewCam server
  • General - Option to enable real time event notification (i.e. rather than the current time lag between event and system notification)
  • Audio - Option to use PC audio source for all IP cameras during live preview and recording (rather than IP camera audio sources)
  • Backup - (and Playback-) Time-period selection now allows only 7 days max period. Was 30 days in D-viewCam v3.11
  • View - Add Main Console widescreen support to accommodate 16:9 aspect ratio monitors (i.e. and avoid black letter boxing)
  • View - Add savable viewing options for each camera (i.e. Stretch, Fill, Fit) to to compensate for different camera/monitor aspect ratios
  • View - In playback mode, set the default view to 1x1 grid camera view (instead of the default 4x4 grid camera view (D-ViewCam currently supports playback of one concurrent recording, so the 4x4 grid serves no function)
  • View - Add ability to set the D-ViewCam full screen view as the Windows desktop background (i.e. live wallpaper), rather than a static image
  • [Bug] - Ability to select different recroding/playback channels for each camera does not work (i.e. "Channel" field in camera config is fixed with the value "1", and does not offer additioanl functionality if checked/unchecked, does not show additional options regardless of the number of channels, available codecs, or selected resolutions.)
  • Bug - Remote live viewer is not accessible ("Internet explorer stopped working" message displays instead of login (Remote playback function normally)
  • Bug - "Exceed the Playback maximum channels" error message displays when using integrated support for 4 cameras
  • Bug - "Low on diskspace" error occurs when running 24/7 scheduled recording on multiple cameras (regardless of threshold settings or actual available storage)
  • Bug - Although the application supports playback for one or four local cameras, the "Exceed the Playback maximum channels" error-message persists]
  • Bug - Although the installer uninstalls the previous version, the application maintains all previous settings and cameras
  • Bug - Backup (not Export) provides feedback of files copied into Backup-set, including required OK-press at end. Not very fast, and not suppressible
  • Bug - Playback.exe coredumps after high number of load-play actions within one session (le.g. loading 30 minutes; viewing that; and then getting next 30 minutes, and so on), roughly about 10 cycles [Memory leak?]
  • Bug - UAC is required to be off before Console can be run, even though all data-paths are personalized to acceptable locations. Workaround is to run it in a VM environment where UAC can be off
  • Bug - Video deletion does not purge empty folders when nothing is left (i.e. old recording dates). D-ViewCam v3.11 correctly addressed this issue
  • Bug - Video deletion via backup does not purge the Record.log timing-info (i.e. activity bar in selection remains, but without recorded video). D-ViewCam v3.11 cleaned this file correctly following a backup/delete event
  • Bug - With a large amount of free space left (hundreds of GB) it complains of lack of space, cleans up most stored recording data and stops scheduler. Happens on multiple boxes, mostly only once after upgrade, but is very annoying

• Audio - Support for duplex sound (i.e. speaker activation on the remote camera) [FIXED!]
  • General - ONVIF support (for non-D-Link networked cameras) [FIXED!]
  • General - Provide a means to disable the pop-up dialog box providing an optimization-hint of using the OS HDD for primary storage [FIXED!]
  • General - In playback mode, add ability to recall last searched date in the calendar (currently each time the "Browse Recordings" dialog is opened the calendar defaults to the present day) [FIXED!]

RooKiED

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2012, 02:05:14 AM »

Hey, I have some new stuff Java.
The ones starting with - are new inputs. The ones starting with +, already exist but have slight changes and shouldn't be marked blue as new inputs just for this addition.

Logs:
+ Log all events (DI triggers, DO triggers, IR light on/off, connection drops, PIR motion detection), make them searchable and viewable on the timeline (in playback mode).
- If you have a 24/7 scheduled recording profile (instead of recording on motion detection), motion detection isn't logged on the timeline nor anywhere.

Events/Actions:
- Bug: Even if there is a 1-10 second interruption (quite common) in a network connection with a camera, if configured, the alarm/action for "Camera not connected" is triggered unnecessarily. We should be able to choose how long they have to remain disconnected before triggering the alarm, or at least set it to a minimum of 30-60 secs.
- Add Event: if (selectable source: PIR or software) movement is not detected during a scheduled (e.g daily) time frame, then trigger alarm/action. (Very useful for nannys, babysitting, employee attendance, etc.)
- Event triggers --> add action 'visit website url' (e.g. visit php file on external server, would allow to run any script/alarm you want anywhere)

Motion Detection hardware support:
- Feature Motion Detection on Dviewcam using integrated PIR of camera instead of Dviewcam software motion detection solution.

Visuals:
+ A new, refreshing and modern graphical user interface design with native support for 16:9 widescreen monitors taking advantage of the space these provide.
+ Add 'stretch','fill','fit' options for each camera to solve the cameras aspect ratio problems and remember this config for every cam in playback mode as well.
- Bug: Web Live view and Remote Playback cameras config should match dviewcam main console config. e.g.: The OSD labels are always ON every time you access any of the web services.

Codecs:
- Add newer, better codecs (xvid, h264, mpeg4) and file formats (mp4, mkv, flv) for exporting video files.
- Reduce encoding times!
- Bug: G711 audio codec is awful with Dviewcam (during live streams and recordings playback), a lot of noise, sound is almost incomprehensible. (G726 works perfectly!)

Development:
- Regular (six-monthly maybe?) updates for DviewCam. It's been a whole year and counting without any updates.  :-\
- Feedback from the developer on this forum, some website, etc. so that we can followup and support him.

Cheers  :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 10:43:49 AM by RooKiED »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2012, 10:59:59 AM »

I would have worked on this sooner, but wow!, you gave me lots of work!!!

Everything is added... Understandably, I was unable to add your last two development points, as this is a software functionality wishlist.  Although perhaps we can change the scope of the list (I'll give it some thought).

Thanks for your contribution!!!  ;)

Hey, I have some new stuff Java.
The ones starting with - are new inputs. The ones starting with +, already exist but have slight changes and shouldn't be marked blue as new inputs just for this addition.

Logs:
+ Log all events (DI triggers, DO triggers, IR light on/off, connection drops, PIR motion detection), make them searchable and viewable on the timeline (in playback mode).
- If you have a 24/7 scheduled recording profile (instead of recording on motion detection), motion detection isn't logged on the timeline nor anywhere.

Events/Actions:
- Bug: Even if there is a 1-10 second interruption (quite common) in a network connection with a camera, if configured, the alarm/action for "Camera not connected" is triggered unnecessarily. We should be able to choose how long they have to remain disconnected before triggering the alarm, or at least set it to a minimum of 30-60 secs.
- Add Event: if (selectable source: PIR or software) movement is not detected during a scheduled (e.g daily) time frame, then trigger alarm/action. (Very useful for nannys, babysitting, employee attendance, etc.)
- Event triggers --> add action 'visit website url' (e.g. visit php file on external server, would allow to run any script/alarm you want anywhere)

Motion Detection hardware support:
- Feature Motion Detection on Dviewcam using integrated PIR of camera instead of Dviewcam software motion detection solution.

Visuals:
+ A new, refreshing and modern graphical user interface design with native support for 16:9 widescreen monitors taking advantage of the space these provide.
+ Add 'stretch','fill','fit' options for each camera to solve the cameras aspect ratio problems and remember this config for every cam in playback mode as well.
- Bug: Web Live view and Remote Playback cameras config should match dviewcam main console config. e.g.: The OSD labels are always ON every time you access any of the web services.

Codecs:
- Add newer, better codecs (xvid, h264, mpeg4) and file formats (mp4, mkv, flv) for exporting video files.
- Reduce encoding times!
- Bug: G711 audio codec is awful with Dviewcam (during live streams and recordings playback), a lot of noise, sound is almost incomprehensible. (G726 works perfectly!)

Development:
- Regular (six-monthly maybe?) updates for DviewCam. It's been a whole year and counting without any updates.  :-\
- Feedback from the developer on this forum, some website, etc. so that we can followup and support him.

Cheers  :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 11:10:43 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2012, 11:02:38 AM »

D-ViewCam Wishlist

• General - Availability of playback controls (fixed or fadeout) while in fullscreen playback mode (i.e. playback controls are only accessible after exiting fullscreen mode)
  • Codec - [Bug] G711 audio codec does not function properly during live streams and recordings playback (i.e. persistent noise and audio is near incomprehensible (However, G726 works flawlessly)
  • Codec - Reduce encoding times
  • Codec - Support for additional codecs (xvid, h264, mpeg4) and file formats (mp4, mkv, flv) for exporting video files.
  • Events - Add action 'visit website url' (e.g. visit PHP file on external server, would enable the execution of any script/alarm from any location)
  • Events - Add Event: if (selectable source: PIR or software) movement is not detected during a scheduled (e.g daily) time frame, then trigger alarm/action (This functionality would benefit nannies/babysitters, employee monitoring, etc.)
  • Events - User definable network disconnect time required to trigger the "Camera not connected" alarm/action (i.e. if the alarm is enabled, a 1 to 10 second network interruption unecessarily triggers the alarm/action, reducing the usefulness of this event)
  • Logging - Configure all logged events to be searchable and viewable on the timeline (in playback mode)
  • Logging - Option to log all events (e.g. DI triggers, DO triggers, IR light on/off, connection drops, PIR motion detection)
  • Logging - Option to exclude logging/tracking motion detection events if cameras are configured with a scheduled 24/7 recording profile (rather than recording triggered by motion detection)
  • Motion Detection - Option to use integrated PIR on camera rather than the D-ViewCam software-based motion detection solution
  • Visual - [Bug] Web Live view and Remote Playback cameras config do not match D-ViewCam main console configuration (e.g. OSD labels are always ON each time any web services are accessed)
  • Visual - Add option to configure, save, and automatically recall settings (i.e. for playback mode) for "stretch","fill", and "fit" for each camera (i.e. this functionality will address current aspect ratio issues)
  • Visual - Update GUI design with modern look-and-feel and native support for 16:9 widescreen monitors
  • Visual - In playback mode, set the default view to 1x1 grid camera view (instead of the default 4x4 grid camera view (D-ViewCam currently supports playback of one concurrent recording, so the 4x4 grid serves no function)
  • Visual - Add ability to set the D-ViewCam full screen view as the Windows desktop background (i.e. live wallpaper), rather than a static image
  • [Bug] - Ability to select different recroding/playback channels for each camera does not work (i.e. "Channel" field in camera config is fixed with the value "1", and does not offer additioanl functionality if checked/unchecked, does not show additional options regardless of the number of channels, available codecs, or selected resolutions.)

• Audio - Support for duplex sound (i.e. speaker activation on the remote camera) [FIXED!]
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 11:05:22 AM by JavaLawyer »

RooKiED

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2012, 09:15:53 AM »

- Windows 8 support (DViewCam 3.2-3.3 workaround: use the Windows 8 trouble shooter and set D-View Cam's Main Console to XP service pack 3 compatibility mode. Otherwise it will not run)
Credits to lancemoreland for this one.

- Bug: whenever the windows process "explorer" crashes and gets restarted automatically (can emulate this by manually stopping and relaunching explorer), the DViewCam eye icon on the system tray disappears. Then, although DviewCam MainConsole is running in the background, you can't access it again. If you launch the main console.exe or any of the shorctus to it, a message box appears saying you cannot launch it as the process already running; but it does not lead you to the program.
A solution to this, is whether to restart the machine or to load the task manager, force the Main Console process to stop, and then start it again. But this is not good as the recording gets interrupted in a sudden, and then the database has to be repaired, definitely not good for the hard disk.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:18:24 AM by RooKiED »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2012, 07:08:30 AM »

- Windows 8 support (DViewCam 3.2-3.3 workaround: use the Windows 8 trouble shooter and set D-View Cam's Main Console to XP service pack 3 compatibility mode. Otherwise it will not run)

I should add this to the mydlink FAQ section  :-\

- Bug: whenever the windows process "explorer" crashes and gets restarted automatically (can emulate this by manually stopping and relaunching explorer), the DViewCam eye icon on the system tray disappears. Then, although DviewCam MainConsole is running in the background, you can't access it again. If you launch the main console.exe or any of the shorctus to it, a message box appears saying you cannot launch it as the process already running; but it does not lead you to the program.
A solution to this, is whether to restart the machine or to load the task manager, force the Main Console process to stop, and then start it again. But this is not good as the recording gets interrupted in a sudden, and then the database has to be repaired, definitely not good for the hard disk.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2012, 07:14:52 AM »

D-ViewCam Wishlist

• Codec - [Bug] G711 audio codec does not function properly during live streams and recordings playback (i.e. persistent noise and audio is near incomprehensible (However, G726 works flawlessly)
  • Codec - Support for additional codecs (xvid, h264, mpeg4) and file formats (mp4, mkv, flv) for exporting video files.
  • Events - Add action 'visit website url' (e.g. visit PHP file on external server, would enable the execution of any script/alarm from any location)
  • Events - Add Event: if (selectable source: PIR or software) movement is not detected during a scheduled (e.g daily) time frame, then trigger alarm/action (This functionality would benefit nannies/babysitters, employee monitoring, etc.)
  • Events - User definable network disconnect time required to trigger the "Camera not connected" alarm/action (i.e. if the alarm is enabled, a 1 to 10 second network interruption unecessarily triggers the alarm/action, reducing the usefulness of this event)
  • Logging - Configure all logged events to be searchable and viewable on the timeline (in playback mode)
  • Logging - Option to log all events (e.g. DI triggers, DO triggers, IR light on/off, connection drops, PIR motion detection)
  • Logging - Option to exclude logging/tracking motion detection events if cameras are configured with a scheduled 24/7 recording profile (rather than recording triggered by motion detection)
  • Motion Detection - Option to use integrated PIR on camera rather than the D-ViewCam software-based motion detection solution
  • Visual - [Bug] Web Live view and Remote Playback cameras config do not match D-ViewCam main console configuration (e.g. OSD labels are always ON each time any web services are accessed)
  • Visual - Add option to configure, save, and automatically recall settings (i.e. for playback mode) for "stretch","fill", and "fit" for each camera (i.e. this functionality will address current aspect ratio issues)
  • Visual - Update GUI design with modern look-and-feel and native support for 16:9 widescreen monitors
  • Visual - In playback mode, set the default view to 1x1 grid camera view (instead of the default 4x4 grid camera view (D-ViewCam currently supports playback of one concurrent recording, so the 4x4 grid serves no function)
  • Visual - Add ability to set the D-ViewCam full screen view as the Windows desktop background (i.e. live wallpaper), rather than a static image
  • When Windows process "Explorer" crashes and restarts, the D-ViewCam system tray icon disappears and cannot be restarted. When this occurs, the D-ViewCam MainConsole process is running  the background, but is not accessible.  Attempting to launch console.exe results in a message indicating that the process is already running and cannot be launched

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2012, 07:25:44 AM »

I added this procedure as an FAQ entry here: D-ViewCam - Windows 8 Support

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2012, 07:43:31 AM »

D-ViewCam Wishlist

• Codec - Support for additional codecs (xvid, h264, mpeg4) and file formats (mp4, mkv, flv) for exporting video files
  • [Bug] - Ability to select different recroding/playback channels for each camera does not work (i.e. "Channel" field in camera config is fixed with the value "1", and does not offer additioanl functionality if checked/unchecked, does not show additional options regardless of the number of channels, available codecs, or selected resolutions)
  • When Windows process "Explorer" crashes and restarts, the D-ViewCam system tray icon disappears and cannot be restarted. When this occurs, the D-ViewCam MainConsole process is running  the background, but is not accessible.  Attempting to launch console.exe results in a message indicating that the process is already running and cannot be launched

jellis413

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2012, 04:32:48 AM »

It would be nice if you could re-arrange or re-size the tiles in the views.  We have a client that has purchased only has 4 cameras that is monitoring at various TV's throughout their location but they also have an active phone extension monitoring software and a spreadsheet that updates from their POS for open work orders.  They have settled on the 6 cam view and are using the blank space for these, but it is not exactly what they want as they want the first one to be smaller, but the next one to be a little larger.  Just a wish list request.  Thanks for looking.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2012, 04:38:32 AM »

It would be nice if you could re-arrange or re-size the tiles in the views.  We have a client that has purchased only has 4 cameras that is monitoring at various TV's throughout their location but they also have an active phone extension monitoring software and a spreadsheet that updates from their POS for open work orders.  They have settled on the 6 cam view and are using the blank space for these, but it is not exactly what they want as they want the first one to be smaller, but the next one to be a little larger.  Just a wish list request.  Thanks for looking.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2012, 04:41:20 AM »

D-ViewCam Wishlist

• General - Option to re-size the tile size for individual views when multiple cameras are in use (i.e. permit each camera to have a user defined tile size)
  • Codec - Support for additional codecs (xvid, h264, mpeg4) and file formats (mp4, mkv, flv) for exporting video files
  • Bug - Ability to select different recroding/playback channels for each camera does not work (i.e. "Channel" field in camera config is fixed with the value "1", and does not offer additioanl functionality if checked/unchecked, does not show additional options regardless of the number of channels, available codecs, or selected resolutions)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8