• March 28, 2024, 10:22:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-320 Permissions messed up after installing new HD  (Read 1448 times)

muffmonkey

• Level 1 Member
DNS-320 Permissions messed up after installing new HD
« on: January 05, 2014, 06:48:54 AM »

Hi,

I have been using my NAS-320 for over a year now with no issues until the 2TB have have installed became full.

Installed a new drive and formatted it though the logging into my NAS through explorer. All went well.

Started to copy a few files from volume1 to volume2. Started copying but about 30mins in said that i no longer had permission to volume2. Reset NAS and started over again, same thing.

Gave up and removed HD. Now my users and folder permissions were all messed up. Could no longer can access to my shares from my main PC, my NETBOOK, and my Media player.

Users and shares are all up but not recognizing users or their passwords. Tried resetting all shares and setting them up again, no joy.

I now just have 1 user and 1 shared folder set up and still cannot gain access to folders

Please help!    

**UPDATE**
GETTING THE FOLLOWING ERROR IN SHARECENTER LOG

CIFS: [192.168.0.6] closed the connection to service [Volume_1].

**UPDATE**
Reinstalled volume2, I now have access to volume2 but not volume1.

I dont think the problem is with my computer settings or user permissions. Volume1 is showing 99% full.
Has anybody else had problem accessing a full drive on this NAS?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 08:27:55 AM by muffmonkey »