• April 23, 2024, 05:42:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Admin password suddenly doesn't work  (Read 3679 times)

tina352

• Level 1 Member
Admin password suddenly doesn't work
« on: March 04, 2014, 02:32:20 AM »

There's been a power outage in our office and I can't login to configuration anymore. I know about factory reset but we have a lot of network usernames and I really don't want to set up everything from zero.

Is there any way to only reset the admin password and not all settings?

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Admin password suddenly doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 05:48:04 AM »

Unfortunately, the only means of regaining access to the web UI (using conventional means) is through a factory reset. In the future you should save periodic Configuration Settings files to another storage location on your LAN. The Configuration Settings file will enable you to easily restore your user settings in the event of a necessary factory reset.

ShareCenter - Important Posts & Information

BTW, do you still have data access to the DNS-323 through the other user accounts associated with the device?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:56:03 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

ivan

• Level 8 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 05:58:28 AM »

If you can't log in as admin can anyone else log in as normal?  I ask because it is rather odd that only your admin password would be corrupted.

Have you tried using the default login?  Power surges that happen when power is restored can do very strange things.

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 03:43:49 PM »

A reboot may clear it up. Also, once you get it up and running again, backup the configuration so that if you need to in the future to can do a reset and restore the configuration.
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

tina352

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 02:06:07 AM »

Thanks for all your replies.

@ivan: We can access the files I just can't log in to configuration as administrator. I tried default login and my login and it's not letting me in. ("You have entered an incorrect login name or password. Please try again.")

I'll reboot it in the afternoon and hope it will work then.