• March 28, 2024, 04:52:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Newbie with a question about my DCS-233OL  (Read 10394 times)

Bostonfan49

• Level 1 Member
Newbie with a question about my DCS-233OL
« on: April 22, 2014, 06:04:18 PM »

Hello! I believe my 233OL is set up correctly. Ran the install from my iMac/10.9.2. I have both Motion and Sound triggers turned on and I have an excellent daytime "HD" picture and a pretty decent black and white night time image. I also have both the D-Link Lite and the D-Link + apps on my iPhone and IPad .My problem is that the "Triggers" aren't working....I can only watch live views. I am not getting any recorded clips of a previous triggered event, which obviously is what we want!!!!! I previously had a neat little "inexpensive" Dropcam camera ( it melted in a light fixture..another story) that flawlessly notified me of any event along with.....the Video event!!! Which I am not getting now. What am I doing wrong?
*****Appreciate any help I can get, thanks Bill

Doctor Doom

• Level 3 Member
Re: Newbie with a question about my DCS-233OL
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 12:53:47 PM »

Events can be triggered based on software motion, PIR motion or sound. What you want the camera to do when an event is triggered is also another thing to consider. Best way is to log into your camera and specifically tell the camera what to do when something happens. The manual way has a lot more flexibility on configuration options.

This link should help. Read and follow the section for the DCS-2332L-6010L-7010L
http://support.dlink.ca/faq.aspx?f=80#bus

Once you have gone through it and still have issues you might want to specify what you want to do with the recorded clips (record to SD, email, send to FTP) and your settings. I would also advise working with one event at a time until you get it working before tackling another one.

Bostonfan49

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 07:17:47 PM »

Thanks Doc, making a bit of progress...So I am filling out the Alerts and Notification panel and after I have put in my User name and password, I am prompted for my "Server Address". Where can I find this info.......thanks, Bill

*****I put in    SMTP.gmail.com  Is this correct?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:36:21 PM by Bostonfan49 »

Doctor Doom

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 08:27:35 AM »

off the top of my head if you are referring to Gmail's SMTP server yes, it should be smtp.gmail.com. The port use 465 or 587. The 465 is for SSL and the 587 is STARTTLS. Gmail requires encryption to my knowledge so you will need to try either port 465 or 587 and test.

Bostonfan49

• Level 1 Member
Re: Still can't enable motion detection on iphone or ipad
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 09:19:05 AM »

So I have "Moton Detection checked on my devices.

In EVENT SETUP under Server Name...I have put in (Email Server)

Under EMAIL Sender and Recipient...I have put my (email address)

Server Address is (Smtp.gmail.com)
User Name, is (blank)...although I have my password below it. *I have tried my user name also...

The Port is 465 which matches my iPhone and iPad, also tried 587
I am using Safari because of the Firefox Java issues BUT....when I push TEST, it fails and I have no motion detection trigger working. Bill

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Still can't enable motion detection on iphone or ipad
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 09:39:03 AM »

Server Address is (Smtp.gmail.com)
User Name, is (blank)...although I have my password below it. *I have tried my user name also...

Why is the username blank? It won't save?

DCS Network Cameras - Email Settings
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Bostonfan49

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 03:09:50 PM »

thanks, some good news.....test Passed!! Filled in user name, correct address and port (587) However....still no Video.motion/sound trigger. *I thought I sent this note earlier but the only other news is that I have gotten 3 "Notification/The result of Server Test of your IP Camera...It doesn't give any results....I know it passed when I made changes...Still no video/sound trigger notification. I hope I can get this fixed!!!! Thanks for all the help so far...Bill

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 05:28:39 AM »

When you established the Event, did you check to make sure to Enable the event and ensure the EVENT SCHEDULE was checked off for the appropriate days and time? If your camera date/time are not set properly, it's possible that the event window you've selected was never active. As a test, check-off every day of the week and select Always for the time. Once you get the notifications working, you can narrow the event window.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

ramon

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 11:56:31 AM »

Hi I am having a similar situation where my motion detection is not working. I say this because I set up everything as mentioned here. I set up the schedule to always and seven days a week. My motion detection is at a %100, but when I walk in front of it at any distance I still don't get notifications about it. The tests took place in full daylight and I have also tested the email notification under a 1 mint interval and it does work. So I have come to the conclusion that it must be the motion detection. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I just decided to test the sound notification function and it worked.

On a third note I tried the PIR option and that also functions correctly and sends me notices.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 12:46:29 PM by ramon »

ramon

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 04:12:19 PM »

Ok so I figured out what was going on with motion detection. I was using chrome to access my camera and with more research I found out that the motion detection coverage net only works with IE. I find this extremely poor support specially since chrome and firefox are far superior. Please fix this issue.