• March 29, 2024, 07:59:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Windows cannot access NAS or You do not have permission to access this folder  (Read 23785 times)

newgeneration

• Level 1 Member

This occurred randomly, without any changes to the settings at all.

was able to access the volumes but not the media folders I created which stores all my media.

I reconfigured network access allowing ALL to read/write and still was unable to access, rebooted, shut down, unplugged power.

restored factory settings, reconfigured network access allowing ALL users to read/write

still unable to access - can anyone shed some light?

Firmware 1.02

newgeneration

• Level 1 Member

this article is not relevant to my computer as no network users can access the shares even a WD-tv.

ftp://files.dlink.com.au/products/DNS-323/REV_B/SetupGuides/Troubleshooting_-_Connecting_Vista_PC_to_network_drives.pdf

newgeneration

• Level 1 Member

Error message \\NAS IP\Folder on NAS is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions
Network access is denied.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

Do you have a firewall or Windows policy enabled that may be prohibiting access to networked storage?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

newgeneration

• Level 1 Member

standard home network on a work group, nothing special.

windows firewall is enabled but disabling that made no difference.

I don't get how it just happened out of the blue...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

For starters, update your firmware... there were countless issues fixed since v1.02. This should not impact your settings, data, or HDD configuration.

Also, were you ever able to access the NAS data from that particular PC?

newgeneration

• Level 1 Member

Java,

The network access is set to "All user accounts" have full Read/write access - was always able to access the NAS from my computer which is running windows 7 ultimate 64bit and also tested on another windows 7 professional 64bit - both receiving the same error message.

the WD-TV is also unable to access the shares.

In network access tab, I was re-creating all shares with all users having read/write access and there is a option for "new folder" which I created and allowed all users full access - ironically I was able to access that folder.

I then setup a user and allowed that user to access one of the shared that I can't access - it popped up with credentials but would not accept my credentials (I believe because windows 7 keeps specifying a domain)

i'm going to attempt in upgrading the firmware.

newgeneration

• Level 1 Member

ok well I managed to enter the correct details and it came back with the same error - updating firmware now.

newgeneration

• Level 1 Member

ok i've updated firmware to 1.05 beta as per java's link in another thread and now I when I am in network access, I cannot browse and select shared folders...or delete the old ones..

and still can't access the folders but I can access the main volumes.

newgeneration

• Level 1 Member

Update - am now able to right click the folders on the volumes and config security settings to allow 'everyone' full control which then changes to 'special permissions' and I believe that is in the Dlink nas permissions config now.

however I managed to delete one of the volumes from network access - for some reason I cannot add or remove any shares in network access (buttons to enable NFS and browse all grey) can't even delete shares in network permission - could this be due to version 1.5 beta firmware update?

is there any problem down grading from 1.05 beta to 1.4 public release?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:15:02 PM by newgeneration »

newgeneration

• Level 1 Member

Just done the firmware to 1.04 public release and still can't control network access - all the buttons are greyed out, NFS is disabled, when I select enable the apply button is grey.

when I select all accounts the browse button is grey - so WTF is it????

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

I'm at a loss here, all of the usual remediative steps are backfiring. Short of setting the configuration back to the factory defaults, you should try searching the DNS-323 forum and consider posting this issue there. The DNS-323 is essentially the DNS-343 with 2-slots instead of four. The firmware works nearly identically as well. Unlike the DNS-343 forum, the DNS-323 forum is VERY active, so there's lots of help to be had.

If you find anything that helps, please post your results here.

newgeneration

• Level 1 Member

just preformed a factory reset and still am unable to select any buttons in network access. i'll post in 323 and see what they come up with.

it seems like dlink nas creates a 'special permissions' config on each drive but they some how got corrupted - i'm currently copying all data off and I will format and see if that changes anything.

1.05 beta is running fine for you java?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

I've been using v1.05b from the day of release without issue. The primary difference between v1.04 and v1.05 is the addition of ADS support and a bug fix related to an erroneous "fan can't rotate" error.

I'm currently using FW v1.05b on two DNS-343s.

newgeneration

• Level 1 Member

my oLED fw only upgraded to 1.03 - how did you upgrade yours?
Pages: [1] 2