• April 27, 2024, 12:15:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Gamefuel and Online games, are there custom "profiles" to chose from?  (Read 2558 times)

z999z3mystorys

• Level 1 Member

I have not yet bought this router, but I plan too, however I am wondering about something involving Gamefuel:

My question is this, when you enable Gamefuel, are the changes the same regardless of what game you play, or does it custom tailor the advanced settings to work best with whatever game is running?

Basically is there just a "gaming" and "normal" mode to this, or is there a "normal" mode, a "Game 1" mode, "Game 2" mode, "Game 3" mode etc. already preset? One that you can either choose from or automatically is enabled when the game is launch?

Or are my options "normal" "gaming" and " custom"?

If there are special settings for many different online games out there, is there a list of games that already have a profile that I can check?

Short version: I want to make my online game, Age of Conan get the best possible connection, how would I go about doing that (router settings wise)? Just turn on gamefuel? or is there a more advanced way I could squeeze just a little more effectiveness?

Also I'm going to be hardwired into the router for my gaming if that makes a difference, it's others that need the the wireless part.

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member

Out of the box, GameFuel is enabled.  Upon doing so, it will set ALL traffic to a normal priority of 128.  I have yet to see it rate games at a higher priority than that.

GameFuel rules will cover both wired and wireless. 

Snoopy

• Level 2 Member

z999z3mystorys
I would hold off on your purchase until D-Link gets the numerous bugs out of the firmware and software. I wish I had read all the posts in this forum concerning all the problems before I spent almost $200 for mine.
Read them and then decide for yourself.
Good luck.