The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-8000LH

Not impressed with the lack of support...

(1/3) > >>

TheGrunt:
Just bought 2x2 of these to replace a bunch of older Dlink cameras.
No Ethernet port, no browser support, no telnet... this makes it perform only if DHCP was available.
Paired with a DIR-890L that has faulty wireless DHCP function (when using static IP), the setup experience is just horrible.
Please let me know how it's possible for me to set static IP on these - otherwise I'm returning the whole lot of them.

TheGrunt:
while trying to turn off the default motion sensor event (by default motion and sound are on), the unit's green light just turned off (no lights) at all.
Couldn't even turn off; had to unplug and re-plug in.
Seriously...

FurryNutz:
What FW is currently loaded on the 890L?

What wireless modes are you using on the 890L? Smart Connect enabled or disabled?
Thought you had got your router working on last posts about it:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=66977.msg283501#msg283501

D-Link moved away from initial installation of cameras using browsers and went with mobile app installation. Also go rid of LAN ports as well. No sure why. Telnet probably removed due to security concerns and proofing.

After getting the camera set up, can you access any UI at it's Dynamic IP address?

GreenBay42:
Unfortunately there is no way to set a static IP address to these cameras.

TheGrunt:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on October 23, 2017, 07:05:30 AM ---What FW is currently loaded on the 890L?
DIR-890L    HW:A1    FW:1.11

What wireless modes are you using on the 890L? Smart Connect enabled or disabled?

* SmartConnect disabled;
* 2.4GHz and the other 25GHz all use the same SSID name and password
* Wifi Protected setup is also disabled[/color]

Thought you had got your router working on last posts about it:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=66977.msg283501#msg283501
Yes that's what I thought as well; it worked only for a bit and then the issue came back again.
The 2nd issue is the inaccurate number of connected devices; I have at least 17 devices connected to it (15 cams + another router + the DViewCam machine, but now it just reports a variable number that's never accurate.

D-Link moved away from initial installation of cameras using browsers and went with mobile app installation. Also go rid of LAN ports as well. No sure why. Telnet probably removed due to security concerns and proofing.
I don't think the removal of a physical LAN port is wise; perhaps it's a strategy to differentiate between personal vs business line of products.
ie I'd strongly prefer wired installations for higher bandwidth and clearer footage; ease of installation is not a concern.

After getting the camera set up, can you access any UI at it's Dynamic IP address?

Well I could only connect the cameras to another wireless network that has DHCP working;
The message when I both camera's url is -
File is not found.
please enter correct url.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version