The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-3716

Regular network dropout.

<< < (2/2)

RYAT3:
This is a poe from the switch?  Can you tell if it is power related drop out in the cams vs network? Are there lights on the cam that turn off? (Thinking outside the box here)

J Mack:
Yes it's POE from the switch.

I would think that if the if the power to the cams was dropping out sufficiently to interrupt the signal it would also crash the camera, and that all the cameras would be doing this at the same time. But it's not simultaneous. If I shut down a camera and then restart it the pattern starts again from that point in time. In testing now I have two cameras like this dropping simultaneously and another two at completely different times.

J Mack:
Digging at it I noticed my VLC startup script wasn't implemented properly, this revision seems to work.

To start 3 cameras go to 3 different VLC instances on login, each instance to fullscreen on a specific monitor...  and restart on network loss.

--- Code: ---#!/bin/bash
vlc rtsp://admin:@blrcam3:554/live1.sdp --loop -R -f --qt-fullscreen-screennumber=0 &
vlc rtsp://admin:@blrcam1:554/live1.sdp --loop -R -f --qt-fullscreen-screennumber=1 &
vlc rtsp://admin:@blrcam2:554/live1.sdp --loop -R -f --qt-fullscreen-screennumber=2 &
--- End code ---

Hope this helps someone in the future.

FurryNutz:
Glad you found the solution. Enjoy.  ;)

RYAT3:
I found some suggestions on the net about not enough poe on all ports in infrared is on. ..

Well who knows what the camera will do if power  drops slightly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version